bry@n

17 hmr Tony had at BA on Tuesday

I have the CZ 452 Varmint in 17HM2. The 17caliber rounds are a blast to shoot. The only thing that's tough with them is that they drift when there is a good wind. Inside BA or Shore Shot I can make all five rounds nearly touch each other from 25 yards. The Savage and CZ 17 caliber guns are tack drivers.

The rimfire .17's are a ton of fun. I got a .17 HMR first and liked it so much that I then bought a .17 HM2. The ammo for the Mach 2 is much less expensive, but it is limited and I don't know how much longer the Mach 2 will be with us. The HMR has proven to be very popular and there is probably no fear of that caliber being discontinued anytime soon.

Here's my Hummer...

cooper57mlvt.jpg

And here's my Mach 2...

anschutz.jpg

The Hummer is a Cooper Model 57 LVT. The maple stock is one of about 40 made. The Mach 2 is an Anschutz 1502D HB. Scopes are both Weavers, a T-36 on the Hummer and a Grand Slam (6-20x40) on the Mach 2.

Lunker has a very nice CZ in Mach 2, so hopefully he'll chime in.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The rimfire .17's are a ton of fun. I got a .17 HMR first and liked it so much that I then bought a .17 HM2. The ammo for the Mach 2 is much less expensive, but it is limited and I don't know how much longer the Mach 2 will be with us. The HMR has proven to be very popular and there is probably no fear of that caliber being discontinued anytime soon.

Here's my Hummer...

cooper57mlvt.jpg

And here's my Mach 2...

anschutz.jpg

sweet bob

The Hummer is a Cooper Model 57 LVT. The maple stock is one of about 40 made. The Mach 2 is an Anschutz 1502D HB. Scopes are both Weavers, a T-36 on the Hummer and a Grand Slam (6-20x40) on the Mach 2.

Lunker has a very nice CZ in Mach 2, so hopefully he'll chime in.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I love my CZ 452 in 17HM2. It's a little tough when it's windy out, but it is fast and accurate. I gave it the YoDave trigger kit job and now it has a 1lb trigger with no creep. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another CZ.

When I went to the Allentown gun show, my buddy was looking for a Savage 17 hmr and when I saw it, I didn't see it as being so much fun. I actually kept showing him the 15-22.

Well, after firing Tony's, I can't stop telling him how much fun it was. :D I swayed him back I think. It really is a blast to shoot.