Chad

Photos from Ft. Dix. . . 4-2-10 (PIC HEAVY)

Meh... 3rd in BSP. Ernie was trailing me all day then shot into 1st in the last heat. My buddy then overtook me in his heavily modified E46 M3 and put me into 3rd for the class. I did get to try out my new GoPro camera at the event though!

wpOLjOpvQvw

Jon - is that the same camera you used in the bike vid from a couple weeks ago? If it is, that thing is really impressive.

Also, you may have already said this and I missed it, but what car are you driving? Based on the seats and mirrors I'm guessing E36 M3?

ETA: NM on the what car.. I'm an idiot. Just saw it in the title of the vid :lol:

I just bought some 40grain ballistic tipped 223. It has a velocity of 3800fps. That's still slower than the 4200fps from the 22-250, but hopefully it will still have the same kaboom effect. I'll find out at our next Ft Dix session.

Looked good Jon, what was the switch on the console you hit after shifting out of first? Car looks very fast and flat!

I forgot to disable traction control before that run so i had to quickly kill it before the first gate. :oops: I launched the car and it just fell flat on its face and i knew right away i forgot to kill the TC.

Jon - is that the same camera you used in the bike vid from a couple weeks ago? If it is, that thing is really impressive.

Also, you may have already said this and I missed it, but what car are you driving? Based on the seats and mirrors I'm guessing E36 M3?

ETA: NM on the what car.. I'm an idiot. Just saw it in the title of the vid :lol:

Yea, E36 and it was the same camera i used on the bike. It comes with a variety of mounts that you can stock to helmets and a articulating suction cup mount that i used with the car.

I just bought some 40grain ballistic tipped 223. It has a velocity of 3800fps. That's still slower than the 4200fps from the 22-250, but hopefully it will still have the same kaboom effect. I'll find out at our next Ft Dix session.

Those ballistic tip bullets are awesome. Those are the ones with the plastic green or red tip right? You wont be disappointed! lol Pick up some coconuts . . . they were only $1.50 or so a piece, VERY MUCH worth the kaboom effect! :) If you shoot them with a FMJ you can even drink the milk if you put the hole near the top hahaha.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else get all excited when you see an almost empty bottle of soda, or anything in the fridge?? My wife was so grateful yesterday. . . I cleaned out the fridge, throwing out all the expired stuff. Little does she know I only did it to collect bottles! :)))

Those ballistic tip bullets are awesome. Those are the ones with the plastic green or red tip right? You wont be disappointed! lol Pick up some coconuts . . . they were only $1.50 or so a piece, VERY MUCH worth the kaboom effect! :) If you shoot them with a FMJ you can even drink the milk if you put the hole near the top hahaha.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else get all excited when you see an almost empty bottle of soda, or anything in the fridge?? My wife was so grateful yesterday. . . I cleaned out the fridge, throwing out all the expired stuff. Little does she know I only did it to collect bottles! :)))

Yup, those are the ones. I have the ballistic tips on my 17HM2 bullets. They do pretty well, but are only going about 2200fps (hence the Hornady Mach 2 moniker), but they cost $4.50 for a box off 50 (about 1/2 the cost of 17HMR) so I don't complain. 4000fps is a whole other ball game of exploding fruit. Hopefully the 1:9 twist in my Rock River AR doesn't shake those light bullets to pieces.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else get all excited when you see an almost empty bottle of soda, or anything in the fridge??

Chad, I'm totally with you on that one! Any object that gets sentenced to the trash can must first get considered for the "Stuff fer shootin' pile". :lol:

Yup, those are the ones. I have the ballistic tips on my 17HM2 bullets. They do pretty well, but are only going about 2200fps (hence the Hornady Mach 2 moniker), but they cost $4.50 for a box off 50 (about 1/2 the cost of 17HMR) so I don't complain. 4000fps is a whole other ball game of exploding fruit. Hopefully the 1:9 twist in my Rock River AR doesn't shake those light bullets to pieces.

I too suspect they'll put on a good show regardless of the velocity difference. Remember that day at colliers mills with just the water bottles? A 22lr just pokes through and it drains out but the same bottle when hit with my 22 mag with proper HP's was a much better result. Now you might not have bits of coconut raining down in the next zip code but you also won't get assaulted with a face-full of pina colada either. ;)

Absolutely! I must admit, I did get caught. . . my wife opened the hall closet to find some plastic bags full of empties lol.

"Sooooo, THIS is why you cleaned out the fridge last night"

:mrgreen:

I've been saving plastic bottles all winter, running out of storage space. Need to start shooting some. :p