Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

gun light in kick ass

I don't know if anyone saw the movie Kick Ass but at one point there is a gun light that has a strobe effect. Does something like that exist or is it movie magic? Would it be effective for blinding people?

I didn't see the movie so I can only comment in general...the high end lights typically have a strobe. I know the Sig STL-900L does.

I've seen others but can't comment on specific models. I don't know if the speed of the strobe is adjustable but I suspect if they used it in a movie, it was probably so that from one flash to the next you see a series of gore shots...slit throat here, in the guy there, stab the eyeball on the next one, shoot next guy, etc.

I loved that they included something like that. Honestly though, I wouldn't use a strobe setting in an actual HD situation though. Maybe if I didn't have anything but the flashlight I would consider, otherwise... eh. Might as well as use a flashing neon sign as a weapon light instead.

Strobes seem to be the new trend in tactical flashlight. Most of the new Streamlight models have a strobe I know the TLR series, sitnger and strion all have them in the LED variants. My strion has it and I cant find any use for it in LE