lexcruiser

Question about the Beretta M92FS INOX...

I have to admit, ever since watching Lethal Weapon as a kid (yea, it was rated "R," so what!), I fell in love w/ the 92FS. Very unique look and seemed like such a cool gun overall.

I've bought and sold many over the years, but I never had a chance to own the 92FS. After seeing it again recently, the flame is slowly growing again..

Even though it wasn't the INOX version in the movie, I think thats the one I want if I was to get it.

My question is.. are all the new ones now not all fully silver? I've seen some pics where the safety, disassembly lever and some other random tidbits were black.

Are there more than 1 INOX versions?

Not sure on the multiple versions, but the only black on mine is the grip panels and the sights all the rest is matte silver. Purchased <6 months ago if that makes a difference.

Pete, do you have a production date on yours?

ZOMG Pete. I think I just wet myself..!! :drool: :drool:

Thats so nice...

I've bought and sold many over the years, but I never had a chance to own the 92FS.

What does this mean? :?:

Ah.. that should've read - "bought and sold many GUNS over the years, but never owned the 92SF..."

:oops:

Hey Lex, we met over at BerettaForum.

The great thing about the 92FS is the parts are pretty common, you just have to be patient. Also, since parts are interchangeable with so many variations of the 92FS, you can create your own Frankengun to suit your tastes.

My recently completed project:

img7331.jpg

img7332a.jpg

img7338a.jpg

If you can only find Bruniton finishes, however, I know that there are a few aftermarket companies that do a great job of finishing pistols to pretty much any color you want. NP3 and Cera-Kote are two finishes (two different companies). I don't know their web addresses, but you can just Google them.