Sign in to follow this  
theRU

looking for a Mosin nagant in good shape

Hey guys, i'm new around here how much should i expect to pay for one in decent shape? Any drawbacks to this rifle? This would be my first rifle to own. Anything I need to know about this weapon would be greatly appreaciated! Thanks

buy one now, supplies are starting to dry up. only a couple of years ago these were about $30 at gun shows, now average price is about 100-150. Good luck finding different variations like m44's and m38's now.

The mosins are really one of the most, if not the biggest bang for the buck. supplies are starting to dry up of the 91/30's. Soon, the 91/30 is going to go the way the Finn m39's, Russian m44's, and m91's go.... you will be lucky to see 2 or 3 at a gun show, and prices alot higher.

ammo is still plenty, very versatile round, and packs a good punch. one of our members took his hog hunting.

be forewarned... you will want more.

I bough mine from Tony @ TJ's as well, the 2 he has left were in the same great condition as mine. With about 40 bucks worth of effort, you can get them looking great!

not the greatest pic's, taken with my blackberry, but here is my PIG STICKER!. The 40 bucks i was talking about included, break cleaner, stain, varnish, and the sling..

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTktMjAxMDA0MTQtMTM1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNjAtMjAxMDA0MTQtMTM1N.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAwNTgtMjAxMDA0MTQtMTM1N.jpg

I took a nice Russian Boar out with this bad boy, the two people with me also did, except they collectively had about 3k worth of rifles..

I have 2 left in excellent shape, $125 (+nics/tax)

Hey TJ, is that include other goodies too? I've seen places offer them with the bayonnet , ammo pouch and a bunch of other items.

I have 2 left in excellent shape, $125 (+nics/tax)

Hey TJ, is that include other goodies too? I've seen places offer them with the bayonnet , ammo pouch and a bunch of other items.

Mine included bayonet, and cleaning kit, ammo puch the standard items that come with.. pretty much everything but the sling, which i picked up on ebay for 13 bucks..

EDIT - sorry didn't see the the "Hey TJ" part, but i'm sure you'll get the same answer :)