Sign in to follow this  
matty

Jackson Sporting Goods Location

The former location of Jackson Sporting goods at Bethel Church Rd & S. New Prospect Ave is undergoing construction. The old bldg and house behind were torn down last summer, are being replaced by some sort of building. Had heard from the forum, that the former owner, a crotchety sort, was the owner of the Gun Room, also in Jax. Some folks visited him apparently and he is decidedly a low volume operation. Anyone know if the plan is for him to move back into his old haunt?

BTW, I asked him if he does Transfers & he didn't give an emphatic "NO" but said he doesn't like to, so... , just for your info. Crochety, yes, and very opinionated to the extent that you don't want to get him going. But what the hell, he's earned it, he's a Vietnam Vet & like previously mentioned, a local.

Not for me EVER. My last visit to Jackson sporting goods was..eventfull. Darrin was the guy behind the counter. Has a little piece of shit revolver that someone tried to "smith" he asked me to safety check it and tell him what I thought. The first thing I did was push the hammer from the rear and it released without touching the trigger. Told him the pistol was done, unsellable in that state. He walked away to get a tag or something so he could mark it so he knew which one had a problem. Rick comes over and snatches it out of my hand and starts yelling some bullshit. So there you have it, the last day these feet ever walked in Jackson sporing goods.

I wouldnt buy a fish hook from this clown at the old location.I was pissed when neil sold to this guy the only way he was nice to anybody is if he mistook you for a cop

Yeah, he was nice as hell to me untill he found out I was not a cop. Then he wouldn't give me the time of day.