Sign in to follow this  
Old School

Who's the Mauser Expert???

need better pictures + markings - could also be a belgian 1889 mauser -

proof marks + makers name would be helpful - belgium , turkey , argentina , + many other countries used model 89 + 91 mausers - if there is no crest or makers mark on receiver the gun has been redone - is the caliber 7.65 ?

proof marks + makers name would be helpful - belgium , turkey , argentina , + many other countries used model 89 + 91 mausers - if there is no crest or makers mark on receiver the gun has been redone - is the caliber 7.65 ?

I was told it was 7.65 Arg. But I haven't cast the chamber or run a headspace guage. The marks you see are all ther is, unless there's something under the wood.

It doesn't appear any crest was ground off. I understand B&L didn't mark all the recievers. The "R" on the reciever and the "R 1963" on the stock I imagine are arsenal recondition marks.

Anybody?

with not that much to go on my best guess would be a peruvian model 1891 because of the rear sight - receiver markings definitly removed because all of them had makers mark peruvian crest -