Sign in to follow this  
jamoka3

new jersey rifle & pistol club information needed...

I live in Morris County in a town called Mine Hill, I'm looking for a nice range were i can shoot my rifle and shot gun. Not sure of any close by any suggestions?

I was told about a range called Cherry Ridge, in Highland Lakes. Now its a private range and apart of the association of new jersey rifle and pistol clubs. Is any one apart of this? How is it? How do i join so i can go to those ranges to shoot?

thanks

-Shawn

Shawn,

Show up the first Sunday of the month and sit through the safety briefing and pay your money. If you go this Sunday, let me know.

Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs - http://www.anjrpc.org/

Cherry Ridge Range - http://www.anjrpc.org/?cherry_ridge

Cherry Ridge Membership - http://www.anjrpc.org/?membership_notes

thanks for the links.

I'm going skeet shooting this Sunday at my brother in laws hunting club down in south jersey, so i wont make this one.

Is it EVERY first Sunday of the month at cherry ridge range? do i need to bring any thing to the safety briefing?

thanks again...

thanks for the links.

I'm going skeet shooting this Sunday at my brother in laws hunting club down in south jersey, so i wont make this one.

Is it EVERY first Sunday of the month at cherry ridge range? do i need to bring any thing to the safety briefing?

thanks again...

Every first Sunday unless it falls on a big holiday. Bring yourself and if you're joining your family, they have to sit through the briefing so bring them too.

Quite a few of us here are members at CR. Myself being one of them.

You can shoot the day you join. If you don't have safety flags, buy some when you join a buck or two apiece. Doesn't hurt to buy the $25 target stand too, but you can build one if you'd like.

We'll be having our second sunday NJGF shoot on the 13th. If you want to pay $25 to shoot, it'll be a most of the day thing so we can guest you in.

Cherry Ridge is the best place for us guys up north. Since you can't make it to the briefing this Sunday, definitely try to make our meet-up on the 13th. As it has already been said, alot of us are members, and for $25.00, you can spend the whole day as a guest and get to try the whole range out before joining. Plus we have a kick a** fun time.

Well found out today that my shoot is canceled on Sunday, due to a chance of bad weather, so I'm going to be able to make the safety briefing meeting on the 6th.

what time does it start? how much money should i bring to join?

and for the most important question....should i bring my wife?

thanks again .

Well found out today that my shoot is canceled on Sunday, due to a chance of bad weather, so I'm going to be able to make the safety briefing meeting on the 6th.

what time does it start? how much money should i bring to join?

and for the most important question....should i bring my wife?

thanks again .

Does your wife like to shoot??

http://www.anjrpc.org/general/register_member_type.asp?

Adult Range A membership, with range privileges, for those less than 60 years of age. Annual dues are $190 for the first year and $132 for renewals. For those 60+ years of age, annual dues are $150 for the first year and $95 for renewals.

Family This membership provides range privileges for the member, a spouse or SO, and their minor children. Annual dues are $265 for the first year and $200 for renewals. For families having at least one member 60+ years of age, annual dues are $225 for the first year and $169 for renewals.

For the $75 difference, if your wife will shoot with you less than 3 times in one year, then just guest her in. Guest fee is $25 per visit (good for the entire day).

yeah, she'll probably come more then 3 times a year.

is the payment Cash only or check?

any suggested time to show up at?

Cash, check, credit card - all ok.

As per the calendar, 9:30 am to 11:00 am; HOWEVER, I recall wanting to be there either at 8am or 8:30... Earlier is better as the processing of membership occurs immed after the safety briefing AND in the order of how you signed in, so, FIFO (first in, first out).

Make sure you say hello. I'm the only guy that has a handlebar mustache, and a wife, and 2 kids in tow...

Well that's not a very helpful descriptions, I saw at least 5 handlebar mustaches today!

Really?????? I must have missed the other 4 guys.

Make sure you say hello. I'm the only guy that has a handlebar mustache, and a wife, and 2 kids in tow...

Well that's not a very helpful descriptions, I saw at least 5 handlebar mustaches today!

Really?????? I must have missed the other 4 guys.

Well that all depends, when you say handlebar do you mean this 1.jpg or this paulsr.jpg

hey i think i did see you today... were you wearing a Mets shirt?

and yeah there was at lease 3 guys with a handlebar stache...

anyway, I'm in now so you'll be see alot more of me now.

YUP that was me! My Mets seem to have found a groove instead of a rut...