Sign in to follow this  
Cemeterys Gun Blob

Bill to repeal One Gun a Month

Lots of good ideas. Like now is the time to organize. Or send emails. Brainstorm.

Nobody likes my idea?

Why would we organize and do something about it? That takes work. Bitching about it on the internet is easy!

You'd think the gun clubs would at least try and get their thousands of members to sign a petition or have an event or something.

Lots of good ideas. Like now is the time to organize. Or send emails. Brainstorm.

Nobody likes my idea?

Why would we organize and do something about it? That takes work. Bitching about it on the internet is easy!

You'd think the gun clubs would at least try and get their thousands of members to sign a petition or have an event or something.

Umm...

This was my suggestion in this thread:

Maybe you can also go down there and talk to them about it. My understanding from this forum is that nobody ever does. So maybe they will find it refreshing. Or disturbing.

You think that means bitching on the internet?

Will you allow me to drive 1.5 hours to accompany you to speak to your reps in Trenton? I'm ready. Or do you want to do it without me? I'm cool either way.

Let me know if you want me to come along. If so, we obviously will get in touch first to plan. Pick a date, and PM me. This offer has been on the table since I joined.

Or is that "Bitching about it on the internet?"

mipafox, I DO! I think one of the things we DEFINITELY need to do is "show up". OF COURSE they are going to continue to ignore us if they can. It is easier. So, we have to show them we are not going away. But, I have been to meetings (with Congressman John Adler for interest), you have to know what it is you intend to say, cuz you don't get much time to say it in person. That's what the brainstorming is all about.

mipafox,

Well, it sounds like you already have a statement. Are you willing to share it with us? What would you say? I'll go if we have a plan. You can feel free to PM me, and then we can set something up. I am retired, so I can pretty much make myself available.

Will you allow me to drive 1.5 hours to accompany you to speak to your reps in Trenton? I'm ready. Or do you want to do it without me? I'm cool either way.

Let me know if you want me to come along. If so, we obviously will get in touch first to plan. Pick a date, and PM me. This offer has been on the table since I joined.

Wasn't talking about you. I guess my comment went right over your head.

Yup. I took it one way, took it another, responded, then went back to the first impression :)

Yup. I took it one way, took it another, responded, then went back to the first impression :)

It's cool. No worries. :)

mipafox, I DO! I think one of the things we DEFINITELY need to do is "show up". OF COURSE they are going to continue to ignore us if they can. It is easier. So, we have to show them we are not going away. But, I have been to meetings (with Congressman John Adler for interest), you have to know what it is you intend to say, cuz you don't get much time to say it in person. That's what the brainstorming is all about.

Pick a week. Week of 7/5 is good for me. Check legislative schedule. We want your reps and assemeblyhomos to be there as possible. But, remember, admin girls are just as important. They are the computers behind the reps, so if we miss the reps, we can still get a lot done.

Plus committee reps for the bill. Plus other bills we may be interested in. Do your best, don't spend more than a day on it, but spend a good day on it. This is something you have to do yourself. Once I see what you got, I will get on board and help you fill all the holes and develop a plan. I promise. So don't get overwhelmed. It just that they're not going to listen to me dragging your ass along, and I'm not taking a pogue on a field trip.

Don't worry about organizing. That can be an independent goal, but don't tie it to our purpose. The important thing is that you and I are going to go down there and make our purpose known. And, we are going to learn together how to do these things. In NJ, they are not dealing with people like us day to day. We are going to change that.

Send me your schedule and ideas via PM. Once we are settled, we can decide whether or not to post on the forum. Sounds complicated? It's not. Check out the situation, let me know what you got, I'll finish it.

maybe just a pipe dream but; if all the gun clubs/forums in nj, rented billboard space in thier counties with the right message.....that would atleast get the word out among the masses.......or a full page ad in the paper ?

maybe just a pipe dream but; if all the gun clubs/forums in nj, rented billboard space in thier counties with the right message.....that would atleast get the word out among the masses.......or a full page ad in the paper ?

That is a good idea. This is why we need a group to meet to discuss this...

There are about 6 of us so far who are interested in meeting. I have my cutie-pie Grand Daughters coming this weekend. But starting early next week, I will float some trial balloons as to date, time and place. My home in Manahawkin is available, and Tony has generously offered either his place of business or his home (both in Bayville). So, we are much closer at actually getting to *DO* something, ANYTHING, to try and make a difference for individual rights here in the great state of NJ. BTW - I mean that seriously. With all its faults, I think NJ is the best place to be. We just need to change some of the crap stuff.

Yes, that is correct. I will have something together early next week. We'll talk then. Everything starts with a small step. If we can just let them know we are watching, we will have accomplished something. We can build from there.

DJg,

*JUST* like that. ;-p

Wanna join us?

Would love to, however, I am like water. I am trying to follow the path of least resistance. The legislators in this state are uninterested in the constituent's opinions, are full of themselves, consider themselves above the law, and really do not care what "Joe Voter" thinks, or PAYS. Furthermore, they think any problem, including social problems can be solved by simply throwing money at these problems.

Basically, I feel that NJ is hopeless. I think this Gov has a point with a property tax cap, but at the point I am at now, a 2.5% property tax cap means that in 5 years, all of our taxes could increase by over 13%. I find this extremely unacceptable. I am more interested in decreasing my property taxes by 80%, eliminating any state income tax, and increasing my freedoms, virtually instantly. I can do this just by moving to another state. Furthermore, I can then cast off the overwhelming mantle of liberalism that infects this particular state.

Mipafox did...

I understand how you feel, Dan. My Grandkids are here, so I have an investment in NJ that trumps the cost of living here. I prefer to look at the 2.5% as a *CAP* rather than a mandate. When you cut an artery, you apply pressure to stop as much of the blood flow as possible, before you apply the tourniquet. I believe that is what Gov. Christie is trying to do. I realize that he is not the second coming, but he is *SO* much better than what we have had, that I am willing to work with him to make NJ a better place to live. In the end, a state is made up of people. People will always do what is in their best interest, ONCE they understand WHAT that is. I feel like it is my job to help explain it in a way that the majority of good people will understand. Hey, it might very well be a waste of time. But it is worth a good deal of effort, to ME.

I understand how you feel, Dan. My Grandkids are here, so I have an investment in NJ that trumps the cost of living here. I prefer to look at the 2.5% as a *CAP* rather than a mandate. When you cut an artery, you apply pressure to stop as much of the blood flow as possible, before you apply the tourniquet. I believe that is what Gov. Christie is trying to do. I realize that he is not the second coming, but he is *SO* much better than what we have had, that I am willing to work with him to make NJ a better place to live. In the end, a state is made up of people. People will always do what is in their best interest, ONCE they understand WHAT that is. I feel like it is my job to help explain it in a way that the majority of good people will understand. Hey, it might very well be a waste of time. But it is worth a good deal of effort, to ME.

I don't mean to disparage or discourage you. In fact, just the opposite. I have just had it up to here (points above head) and have decided that I must do what I can do to effect change for myself as quickly as possible. The state has a fatal wound and I applaud the new Gov for his efforts, but imo, he's got a box of band aids for work that requires a case of 4 by 4s and a tourniquet.

I have realized that :hope: starts with me...

I totally feel your pain, Dan. I am not discouraged. I just spent the weekend with my Grandkids, so I am kinda committed to not only work for change in my state, but for the country as a whole. Now *HOW* to do that is still a bit of a mystery to me. But who knows, I have some pretty good practical ideas. Maybe I can start a ball rolling. Maybe not, but I always did like a challenge.

;-p

OK Guys, just a quick update. I am still waiting to hear back from Senator Conners regarding Senate Bill No. 68. I decided to concentrate on THIS bill rather than OGAM, because I think we would agree, being able to carry is more of a prize for now. I expect a positive response to setting up a meeting from Sen. Connors. If not, I will contact one of the original sponsors. I just figure I will get a better response from my own Representative. I could be wrong. At any rate, we now have an additiona place to meet once we have an agenda in place. In addition to my home in Manahawkin, Tony business and home in Bayville, Milton from BA has generously offer us a room to use at his facility. So, at least the infrastructure is in place. These are the names of the people who have expressed interest in getting together. Please let me know if anyone else would like to get involved. Obviously, the more people we can muster, the better our chances of being heard:

bry@n

gonra

wraenking

mikelets456

bullpin

perhaps Z71

and OF COURSE Tony

I am pretty much available all hours of the night and day, but I assume evening will work best for most of us. Please give me you opinions on that. Days and times would be good. We can zero in later. I will also flag everyone in a PM in case you are not following this thread. Thanks for your interest so far. Let me know if you have a significantly different agenda in mind, or something additional. My thinking is we should try to focus on one thing at a time, but that is just my opinion. I look forward to hearing from you all.

No problem Fox,

To bring you up to date. We have started the Ocean County Gun Club of NJ. We are planning our first meeting for Monday, July 12th here in Manahawkin, NJ. There are a bunch of guys who are interested in sharing ideas, and also trying to do something about changing the tide here in NJ. I am sure they will be interested in your experiences. We can talk in PM or by email when you have time. I have established a Club email address as well. It is [email protected]. Our FaceBook Page is Ocean County Gun Club, and Tim and Maksim of NJGF have given us a "sticky" under "Shooting in NJ" in the Events and Meetings section. Most of the clubs initial communications about meetings will take place there. I hope you had a good trip.

Have you contacted each of the major NJ gun clubs? I think you should send a letter to the board of each club requesting that they distribute flyers or at least in some way advertise your efforts.

I think you should contact each one and come back with the response from each. The clubs that don't care or don't respond, well, that could be very telling, I think.