lunker

Excellent Deal on Grade "A" HK P7s

The HK P7 is one of the most unique pistols ever built (squeeze-cocked, direct blowback action using a piston). It was the NJ State Trooper gun for a while. It has a super low bore axis, making the recoil straight back and easy to bring back on target, and can be shot and reloaded faster than any other semi-automatic handgun (according to HK press releases anyway :)). The trigger is excellent, and the gun is super accurate due to the polygonal rifling and the fixed barrel.

These are the German police trade-ins. Grade "A" are pretty rare. You see "B" and a lot of "C" grades out there.

This is an excellent deal for $699. I often see grade "A"s going for $900.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/h-k-p7-psp- ... ade-a.html

Get 'em while they last, the HKPRO guys will sniff this out if they haven't already and they'll all be gone. The P7 has an officialy "cult" of its own. A lot of H&K guys will only carry a P7.

I recently sold my P7M8, just couldn't warm up to it. I feel like my P30 recoils less and I was just plain better with both of my "cheaper" modern poly's.

Anyone own one of these? Do they get super hot after firing a few mags? Is the P7M8 better in that regard with the plastic cover inside the trigger guard?

I have owned both. I currently own a P7M8. The plastic guard in the trigger guard is nice, but does not actually prevent that much heat from coming through. You will not be happy if you were to rapid fire a box of ammo out of a P7 or a P7M8. Considering the price difference ($1600+ for a new or lightly used P7M8, and $900 for the same condition P7), the P7 is a good choice. The P7 has European style heel release for the magazine, which many people prefer for carrying because it can't be accidentally activated like the side release on the P7M8. Other than these, the guns are nearly identical. There are not many factory guns made recently that scream quality. This is one of them.

Anyone own one of these? Do they get super hot after firing a few mags? Is the P7M8 better in that regard with the plastic cover inside the trigger guard?

I have owned both. I currently own a P7M8. The plastic guard in the trigger guard is nice, but does not actually prevent that much heat from coming through. You will not be happy if you were to rapid fire a box of ammo out of a P7 or a P7M8. Considering the price difference ($1600+ for a new or lightly used P7M8, and $900 for the same condition P7), the P7 is a good choice. The P7 has European style heel release for the magazine, which many people prefer for carrying because it can't be accidentally activated like the side release on the P7M8. Other than these, the guns are nearly identical. There are not many factory guns made recently that scream quality. This is one of them.

Thanks for the info! Took the plunge on one of these. Always wanted a P7M8 but this will do for almost half the price 8-)

Excellent. When you take delivery, bring the P7 to the range a try a rapid fire string of four or five shots. I'm sure there are more accurate guns out there, but I haven't seen a gun that is easier to shoot fast and accurately.

Enjoy :)