BigBlueQ

HK Variants

Can anyone tell me if the HK variants are the same for all pistols, or do they change with each pistol model?

Specifically, as I'm trying to price out P30s, one bozo says one thing about a variant, and the next joker says the same variant, but with a totally different trigger/safety/decock setup.

Please help! Of course, right now the HK website is down, but even so, they're not too clear either. They happen to leave out some details. Not complaining, just trying to make a decision! ;)

Bottom line, for all you P30 owners, please give me the EXACT makeup of each variant, and remember, I will be putting this in my Favorites folder for future reference! :D

Umm, if you happen to own a USP Compact in 9mm, please help too.

Thanks in advance for your help, it's much appreciated!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_P30

Most P30s in stores are V3. DA/SA, hammer spur and decocker.

If you don't already know what you want, go to hkpro and read what others are saying. There's a reason why v3 is most common.

Umm, if you happen to own a USP Compact in 9mm, please help too.

I own a USPC 9mm, what exactly do you need help with?

The USP/C series of pistols and the HK45/C series share the same variant numbers system while the P2000/SK and P30/L each have a different variant number system. The P2000 and P30's variant numbers are pretty similar but not exactly the same.

Staright from HK-USA's web-site:

USP Variants:

Variant 1:? Double action/single action with "SAFE

Thanks Malsua and McClane.

I actually did check out the wiki site and the HK sight, my confusion was with the variants as I was looking at the various sites trying to price them. And for some reason the HK site wasn't loading for me last night so I couldn't go back and forth comparing them. It was really a "Who's on first?" situation.

Thanks again for your help!