Sign in to follow this  
71ragtopgoat

Boy killed by Border Patrol had several arrests for smugglin

Hernandez was repeatedly arrested along the U.S. side of the border near downtown El Paso, not far from where he was killed, but was never charged with a crime by federal prosecutors.

This is a common problem on the Mexican Border. Dopers routinely use juveniles to run loads of dope, They'll work for less and also don't have much to worry about being prosecuted as a rule.

There is there is no mechanism to prosecute juveniles as juveniles in the Federal system. I knew of one case in Southern California where the Asst US Attorney (one of the best I ever worked with) did prosecute a 16 year old for running a load of cocaine through the CA juvenile system. The only way he was able to do this was he acted as the prosecutor. The offender only got 18 months in a CA Juvenile Facility.

looks like one less problem to me...

Yeah but there a 1000 others waiting to fill his shoes.

I'm sure the gov has plenty of ammo.. now if only they would start using it.. I imagine you would see a GREAT reduction in problems..

"don't go there.. they will SHOOT and KILL you"

VS

"go there even if you are caught they will just feed you.. cloth you.. and send you to school"

I know which one would keep ME out.. ;)