67gtonut

Cerakote

So I want to have the slide of the M&P Cerakoted.....

I know where I am going to send it : http://www.customizedcreationz.com/home.html

But I cant figure out what shade of Grey I want to do the slide..... even the photos on their website change depending on lighting..... so I went to the company that makes the Cerakote

http://nicindustries.com/

and even their website just doesnt show the shades very well.

So I called, and got this great sales rep on the phone.... Brandon.

Needless to say..... he is spraying some samples as I type this.... and FedEx'ing them out today...

You just dont find this kind of customer service everyday anymore.... :clap:

I will post up the samples when I get them..... I am sure my camera also wont show the shades very well either :lol:

cerakote on slides is just fine. No worse than parkerizing or a bunch of other finishes.

However, customized creationz can be a real mixed bag. I don't think I have ever seen anyone complain about the actual work, but the guy who runs the place seems to turn into a giant were-a-hole periodically and doesn't like getting stuff turned around or answering calls. IIRC, there were a handful of people on the M&P pistol forums that had issues with they guy holding onto their gear for way too long and being a jerk about it.