Sign in to follow this  
kickup

Gun for Hire class...a review

This Saturday took the Home protection couse at Gun for Hire. Every thing about it was excellent. it was very informative concerning the legal issues, actual defense ideas and tactics, and the shooting drills added a whole new dimension to my shooting....And it was a lot of fun

highly recommend them for any shooting interest you may have

Gun for hire does a good job and is an asset to NJ for sure.

But I hope they gave you the correct certificate because if they made a mistake on it they will not correct it. They screwed up my Utah cert and yessed me to death but never fixed it.

But there instructors are top notch!!

They did give me the right certificate

the main point I came away with was "be prepared" know what to expect, what to do, where to be , and what to say when the event is investigated and if you don't practice, it will be of no use.. to do anything right ,under stress and at 3;00am you better have done it a whole bunch of times so it is 2nd nature

ya basically... DON'T SAY SHIT TO THE POLICE... GET A LAWYER IMMEDIATELY

There's no reason to tell the police anything right away. If you are involved in a shooting you will be taken to jail plain and simple. You will have plenty of time to tell your story AFTER consulting a lawyer.

you are right about the lawyer but this is a very complex situation.....they have a whole protocol of what do that took at least an hour to go over... its not that simple and your attitude would probabbly do more harm than good... it was an 8 hour course...to really understand all this i recommend one take the course

Hi there - if you're talking about the NRA Personal Protection in the Home (PPIH) course, you're correct - it is a very interesting and very demanding course in many ways. Anthony at Gun For Hire is an excellent advocate for firearms training as are other firearms training organisations here in NJ, including the one I work with.

The legal section is of importance because it should clearly lay out the legal and civil consequences of using a firearm for self-defense in one's home. Because the NRA strictly specifies that this part must be taught by a serving police officer or a lawyer certified to practice in NJ, the student is left in no doubt about the situation and how to find additional information.

The range portion is also more demanding than many - it involves firing from cover, strong and weak side as well as flash sighting and accurate firing without first taking deliberate aim.

These skills are expanded in the NRA "Personal Protection Outside the Home" (PPOH), which is essentially their "concealed carry" course, and having taken it, I firmly believe that everyone should. As we as members of NJGF support and applaud the work of the NJSAF and as the momentum for lawsuits in favour of ccw here grows, we legal gun owners need to move to extend and formalise our qualifications in order to demonstrate that we take the right to bear arms seriously and are willing to embrace the responsibility that comes with it.

best

G

Gun for hire does a good job and is an asset to NJ for sure.

But I hope they gave you the correct certificate because if they made a mistake on it they will not correct it. They screwed up my Utah cert and yessed me to death but never fixed it.

But there instructors are top notch!!

I will fix that cert asap

email me the info

[email protected]

Sorry about that!