Sign in to follow this  
tommy3rd

More Bans coming?

I was talking to a couple friends of mine from the NJSP and I told them I just bought a bushmaster M4 type carbine rifle. Apparently, they both want to get one too because there are "talks" through the NJSP grapevine about modifying/adding more weapons to the current ban list. Have you guys seen or heard anything from the legislators lately?

I was talking to a couple friends of mine from the NJSP and I told them I just bought a bushmaster M4 type carbine rifle. Apparently, they both want to get one too because there are "talks" through the NJSP grapevine about modifying/adding more weapons to the current ban list. Have you guys seen or heard anything from the legislators lately?

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10716

Seems like any changes would be towards how FFLs do business, and rumor has it they are for the better.

If there are any changes, I think the NJSP will be working with Paula Dow, thus bypassing the Legislature.

We need to keep an eye on her......

But you could always challenge it in court, if they add stuff that is *in common use*.......

Not happening. They will definitely open themselves up to lawsuits if they do lol ( the AWB is probably going to be challenged anyway especially after McDonald ). IIRC They have not changed it since it was enacted 20 years ago. The list is pretty complete as it is. Adding the Bushmaster M4 profile carbine would just be redundant as the AR15 platform itself is already covered under the list.

If there are any changes, I think the NJSP will be working with Paula Dow, thus bypassing the Legislature.

We need to keep an eye on her......

But you could always challenge it in court, if they add stuff that is *in common use*.......

Paula Dow, does not "Work With" Cops..at ANY level..She dictates to them. She probably hates cops more than some of the more visceral ones on this board.

Paula Dow, does not "Work With" Cops..at ANY level..She dictates to them. She probably hates cops more than some of the more visceral ones on this board.

I have no idea, personally, but the NJSP people I know seemed to be OK with her, at least the last time I talked about that with any of them over the summer. Maybe things have changed or she was keeping quiet? Now Zulima Farber, Anne Milgram or Peter Harvey, they had some, uh, STRONG opinions on them, not to mention Joe Santiago. Mostly to do with competence

I have no idea, personally, but the NJSP people I know seemed to be OK with her, at least the last time I talked about that with any of them over the summer. Maybe things have changed or she was keeping quiet? Now Zulima Farber, Anne Milgram or Peter Harvey, they had some, uh, STRONG opinions on them, not to mention Joe Santiago. Mostly to do with competence

Dow doesnt interfere in the day to day of NJSP...as long as they are toeing the line of the racial profiling order..But ask anyone from essex or the surrounding counties that had to deal with her when she was prosecutor..she is NO friend to Cops anymore than she is a Friend to Gun owners.... making her AG was sending us a Message...just a little Subtler one than he sent the teachers.