deni

gunsamerica.com

It's no different than gunbroker or auction arms. Always seems a little more expensive than gunbroker the few times I looked, but don't consistently check GA, so may have been a fluke. Like with any auction type site, go thru the sellers feedback and do your research on what you're buying.

GunBroker.com has the volume and the good deals. GunsAmerica has a lot of good stuff, but I always find it to be pricey. AuctionArms (the NRA affiliated auction site. Boy they chose wrong :)) has always been a waste of my time. It is difficult to find what you are looking for. The search functionality is severely lacking, and they just don't have enough inventory to be really good.

Try this site:

http://www.gun-deals.com/

yeah i usually don't even bother looking at other auction sites besides gunbroker but coincidentally ran into gunsamerica. prices certainly aren't that attractive except for the one auction i speak of.

i may give it a shot if i don't find something similar.

i'll report back if i do

I think the auction style of GunsAmerica lends itself to confusion. I hit the "buy it now" button for a Ruger Buckeye revolver. I called the shop and asked for the person listed in the add. I got his assistant who told me that he was looking at the gun right in front of him and that it was in great shape. I called later and got who I was supposed to speak with, and he told me that he didn't have the gun (most likely his assistant told him I called and he saw that this model was selling for $150 more on average on GunBroker.com). I told him that his assistant was looking right at it when I spoke with him. The guy then proceeded to tell me that the gun was sold a week ago. Needless to say I told him he was full of **** and would be filing a complaint against him.

Guess what, GunsAmerica is more like a confederation of dealers than a real auction site. I was told that there was nothing that I could do, and that I should refrain from telling sellers that they were full of ****.

I have bought guns successfully from this site, but I have also had people not respond to my purchase requests, not come up with $$$ on sales, etc. It is definitely a "Buyer Beware" situation there. At least GunBroker.com has your credit card info and can charge you if you decide to be a flake. I have never had a bad GunBroker.com deal, so I don't know what the follow through is, but I'll bet it is more professional than GunsAmerica.com.

For what it's worth, I have had much better luck posting on multiple gun boards like this one, especially the special interest ones (i.e. going to HKPro.com to sell or buy an HK, etc).

AuctionArms (the NRA affiliated auction site. Boy they chose wrong :)) has always been a waste of my time. It is difficult to find what you are looking for. The search functionality is severely lacking, and they just don't have enough inventory to be really good.

I actually like auction arms. They have a search for penny auctions which appeals to my miserly side. I agree that they don't have the inventory of gunbroker - but they also don't charge as high a fee as gunbroker...

If you want to give it a shot again, go to auction arms and look up the seller Jack The Dog. All his auctions start at a penny and for the most part his inventory is really impressive, unusual, rare, etc.

I actually like auction arms. They have a search for penny auctions which appeals to my miserly side. I agree that they don't have the inventory of gunbroker - but they also don't charge as high a fee as gunbroker...

If you want to give it a shot again, go to auction arms and look up the seller Jack The Dog. All his auctions start at a penny and for the most part his inventory is really impressive, unusual, rare, etc.

I will give it a look. I didn't know you had a miserly side. :)

I used to work for GunsAmerica.

Basically, you are on your own with deciding if a seller is trustworthy or not. The site just makes the connection, you are one end, the seller is the other, nobody really in between.

One tip I can give you is to email customer service and ask if they "know" the particular seller - sometimes they can give you info on prior dealings that may help.

And most of all, stick to this age old advice: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Browsing the penny auctions is a fun time killer. There are always so many bids on the penny auctions tho, that I never bother bidding on anything cuz I don't trust myself to not get into a bidding war and over pay for something :facepalm:

Browsing the penny auctions is a fun time killer. There are always so many bids on the penny auctions tho, that I never bother bidding on anything cuz I don't trust myself to not get into a bidding war and over pay for something :facepalm:

AA makes it easy with a link on their homepage but you can do the same thing on Gunbroker. Go to smart search and where it says "Starting Bid" put in a penny or a dollar and see what pops up. Because it's GB, you may find that others have ignored this "option".

AA makes it easy with a link on their homepage but you can do the same thing on Gunbroker. Go to smart search and where it says "Starting Bid" put in a penny or a dollar and see what pops up. Because it's GB, you may find that others have ignored this "option".

There goes the rest of my afternoon :icon_e_biggrin: