ChrisJM981

Walther P22 lock

For some reason I cannot possibly comprehend I locked my Walther P22 with that stupid lock on the side and now I can't find the key. :facepalm: Any suggestions aside from finding someone with a key or ordering a new one?

For some reason I cannot possibly comprehend I locked my Walther P22 with that stupid lock on the side and now I can't find the key. :facepalm: Any suggestions aside from finding someone with a key or ordering a new one?

I have nothing remotely positive or constructive to say about locks on firearms.

I wish you luck with your situation though. I bet the key is not specifically to your particular gun. Are you friendly with any gun shops that carry that gun? I am guessing the key for any P22 would work.

Thanks Ken. I have to check with Pinky since we made plans to go to CR. Since the idea was to expose his better half to .22s and my Walther is busted that plan may be down the toilet till I can fix it. I don't know what I did. I managed to disassemble it for cleaning despite the lock being on. I don't think that was supposed to happen. Sigman got it back together for me, but even with his key we could not get it to unlock. Contacting customer service after i check the manual. I'll post a follow up when I have more info!

Bring it to the Bullet Hole and ask to use the key for a new P22, I'm sure they have one on hand.

Should've did that yesterday!

I did. Rick brought his for me. The problem is once the hammer is back you cannot unlock it.

I got the hammer decocked after disassembling the gun and accidentally removing the trigger assembly. :facepalm: Now I just have to put it back together. :icon_rolleyes: I think I'll save that for tomorrow.... :wacko:

Lesson learned: Never trust anything put on a gun by lawyers or the government and not engineers.

I did. Rick brought his for me. The problem is once the hammer is back you cannot unlock it.

I got the hammer decocked after disassembling the gun and accidentally removing the trigger assembly. :facepalm: Now I just have to put it back together. :icon_rolleyes: I think I'll save that for tomorrow.... :wacko:

Lesson learned: Never trust anything put on a gun by lawyers or the government and not engineers.

On the bright side, you now have a much more thorough understanding of your gun than you would've gotten otherwise.

On the bright side, you now have a much more thorough understanding of your gun than you would've gotten otherwise.

You're not kidding. Aside from a few springs I took the whole thing apart. Once I actually READ the "P22 Bible" instead of just looking at the pictures it took me about 25 minutes to get it back together. I think I spent about 3 hours yesterday and an hour tonight trying to get it back together. What a PITA.

You're not kidding. Aside from a few springs I took the whole thing apart. Once I actually READ the "P22 Bible" instead of just looking at the pictures it took me about 25 minutes to get it back together. I think I spent about 3 hours yesterday and an hour tonight trying to get it back together. What a PITA.

I totally took apart and put back together my Saiga and Remington 1100. Of course both those guns are easy as pie compared to your pistol.