robs609

Ruger SR9 Recoil Spring

Hi All,

Does anywhere know where I could find an aftermarket recoil spring for a ruger sr9. My girlfriend is having trouble with jams (fte) and I think it has to do with the super stiff factory recoil spring . I have no problems shooting it with a stiff wrist but she is having trouble.

She is only shooting standard 115gr target loads.

Thanks in advance.

I own 3 Ruger semi autos, and yes, there is a break-in period. There is also a limp wrist issue. I experienced it soon after I bought my P95 brandy new when I had a couple of stove pipes. Thought it was the gun until the RSO picked it up and shot a few rounds without a hiccup (I felt so violated). He explained what was happening and it hasn't happened since I got my technique together. I'm a member of a very active Ruger forum here. Good people and, as most all gun owners are, very helpful with any issues. Perhaps check it out.

Im gonna leave the action open for a few days to see if it softens up a bit. It is a fairly new gun, about 700 rds through it.

My SR9 has a bit more rounds through it then yours if you want to try my broken in spring and see if the issue is resolved then your spring still needs to break in. If the problem is the same then, as mentioned, your GF needs to work on her form. Let me know, I can meet at either SS or BA.

-Scott

My SR9 has a bit more rounds through it then yours if you want to try my broken in spring and see if the issue is resolved then your spring still needs to break in. If the problem is the same then, as mentioned, your GF needs to work on her form. Let me know, I can meet at either SS or BA.

-Scott

Very Much appreciated Scott. I live in Egg Harbor Township so both of those shops are a hike for me, but let me know if your ever coming down my way to shoot.

Thanks

Very Much appreciated Scott. I live in Egg Harbor Township so both of those shops are a hike for me, but let me know if your ever coming down my way to shoot.

Thanks

Where do you shoot down that way? Back in the day I worked right on Rt.30 in Absecon.

-Scott