Shawnmoore81

Any one have a .17 rifle. I'm gonna buy one soon and am considering the savage but any input would be great

,17hmr riflr is popular in these parts. Several people have em. Tony from TJ Sporting Arms has one, Yankess31 has one, Crackaloon has one.

Like Bry@n said lots of people on the board have .17 rifles. Personally I prefer .22wmr(22 mag) due to less bullet drop out past 150 yards as well as being slightly less affected by the wind. How far will you be looking to shoot?

ETA: .22wmr is also cheaper to feed.

Do a search and you'll see that .17's have been discussed quite a bit on this forum. Only recently brought up is the availability of CZ's switch-barrel concept. You get both a .17 HMR and a .22 LR barrel that fit a common receiver. Less money than Sako's quad concept and a wooden stock. I think Lunker was the first here to point these out. Check-out CZ's website for details.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

My .17's

dsc00573m.jpg

17HM2 is a necked down 22LR case...

Chris,

Actually it's a necked down .22 CCI Stinger case. While the CCI Stinger is meant to be shot in guns chambered for .22 LR, the actual case is slightly longer than a standard .22 LR (and the bullet shorter/lighter). They needed the extra length for the .17HM2 because of the length lost when adding a shoulder.

I may be mistaken, but I think the .17 Aguila is an actual .22 LR case necked down.

Adios,

Pizza Bob