Downr@nge

Question about Florida CCW prerequisites.

I have my Hunters Ed cert, so i could use that and just apply directly to Florida. That's why i was curious about getting my prints done on my own.

Though, i might just take the GAPP Utah/Florida combined class ($150 for both!)

Any recommendation on prints? Does it have to be from a LE agency?

Yes, a law enforcement officer must do the fingerprinting. I have heard stories of applicants using retired LEO's to do it, as well as stories of civilian employees of police departments doing it, and FL wouldn't accept it. This then results in a delay (supposedly FL will contact you to give you the opportunity to correct this).

Just to be clear, it can be any law enforcement officer--does not have to be from your hometown, or even your home state. They just have to be an active duty law enforcement officer.

Yes, a law enforcement officer must do the fingerprinting. I have heard stories of applicants using retired LEO's to do it, as well as stories of civilian employees of police departments doing it, and FL wouldn't accept it. This then results in a delay (supposedly FL will contact you to give you the opportunity to correct this).

Just to be clear, it can be any law enforcement officer--does not have to be from your hometown, or even your home state. They just have to be an active duty law enforcement officer.

I have also heard that it must be an "On Duty" LEO...so technically the GFH events don't count...but GFH doesn't seem to be running into any issues with it.