Sign in to follow this  
reed338

hand gun permit extension

Hi i just called my pd here in monroe to ask about an extension on my permit .I was told to write a letter to the cheif and explain why i needed an extension . Has and else had to do this ?this is odd :huh: Bob

This is not right. I bring my permits back to the permit office in the police station where I picked them up. I wait 5 minutes for her to extend them and walk out the door with another 90 days.

ok so i wrote a letter here it is ... i am writing to ask for an extension for my hand gun permit . i have a gun i would like to purchase but will not be able to purchase it before 12/15 when the permit expires . i have to wait until 12/27 before i can purchase another gun ... (they asked me to give them a reason for the extension) what do you think Bob

ok so i wrote a letter here it is ... i am writing to ask for an extension for my hand gun permit . i have a gun i would like to purchase but will not be able to purchase it before 12/15 when the permit expires . i have to wait until 12/27 before i can purchase another gun ... (they asked me to give them a reason for the extension) what do you think Bob

I would explain that "I have to wait until 12/27 before I can purchase another handgun in order that I am in compliance with the one gun a month law..."

Do not assume that they know what you are talking about. Otherwise I believe short and sweet and to the point.

I have one permit expiring in Manahawkin. I also was asked to jot down a note explaining why an extension was requested. They said they wanted it for their records. Wasnt a big deal, so just explained it was due to the 1 gun per 30 day law.