Wojo

Biometric Safes - WTB

I am looking at making the jump into higher technology and want to buy a biometric safe for the night stand. I am looking for the front door hinging down style similar to the Gun Vault GVB1000. I am looking for reviews and personal experience on them. Something big enough to hold a full sized, double stacked 45, flash light, and a couple of mags. The front door is better for me that the top hinging up. I see the prices ranging from $250 to $325 for GVB 1000.

Thanks in advance.

Vault Linky

Well never mind, I just placed an order. After realizing how bulky my current travel gun case was I also wanted to look into something smaller. I got all giddy and ordered it too quickly and didn't realized the one main item I wanted wasn't a bio...duh me. Still better then what I am currently using. I also needed something for other locations in around the home / garage.

Gunvault GV1000D-DLX Mini Vault Deluxe Gun Safe

GunVault NV300 NanoVault with Combination Lock

Gunvault MV500-STD Microvault Pistol Gun Safe

$276 for all three, not great, but not to bad either.

I am looking at making the jump into higher technology and want to buy a biometric safe for the night stand. I am looking for the front door hinging down style similar to the Gun Vault GVB1000. I am looking for reviews and personal experience on them. Something big enough to hold a full sized, double stacked 45, flash light, and a couple of mags. The front door is better for me that the top hinging up. I see the prices ranging from $250 to $325 for GVB 1000.

Thanks in advance.

Vault Linky

Gun for Hire sells one. Can't remember the model, but you could ask Anthony.

Gun for Hire sells one. Can't remember the model, but you could ask Anthony.

I say this in jest...You do know that Anthony keeps a master key for all of the vaults he sells right? He's from Belleville, you can't trust those guys. I know these things, because I'm from Belleville.

Before you buy one, make sure you tap the door, on some old model the door opens up. Not kidding, saw it in you tube. The video is called: "Unsafe gun safe vault" [...]

Thanks for the tip. I will give it thorough check out when it comes in. I hope they fixed the problem once it was discovered. That would be one huge lawsuit knowing a defect like that exists and then not doing anything about it.

I have a v-line pistol safe.It's not a biometric but it is fast opening if you set it up that way. It's made out of heavy gauge metal. So heavy I doubt very much if my .45 went off by it's self it would dent it. It has pre drilled holes for a shelf mount and needs no batteries so you know it will work 24/7 . That was a major selling point with me as I always forget to change batteries on everything.I've had it a some time now and have no regrets.

Here is a link and if you buy it from them please go through the link provided by the forum and not this one so this site receives the credit for it.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/V-Line-Top-Draw-Pistol-Safe/735158.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dpistol%2Bsafe&Ntt=pistol+safe

Well never mind, I just placed an order. After realizing how bulky my current travel gun case was I also wanted to look into something smaller. I got all giddy and ordered it too quickly and didn't realized the one main item I wanted wasn't a bio...duh me. Still better then what I am currently using. I also needed something for other locations in around the home / garage.

Gunvault GV1000D-DLX Mini Vault Deluxe Gun Safe

GunVault NV300 NanoVault with Combination Lock

Gunvault MV500-STD Microvault Pistol Gun Safe

$276 for all three, not great, but not to bad either.

Be carefull of the mothball smell on the GUNVAULTS , ive read about it on other sites and thought they must have gotten older ones or something , that was until i got my gunvault , the mothball smell is horrible , right now their airing out in my garage ...