Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Expired pistol permit

I had 3 that I did that with (i know i know i know)..tried to renew but they were expired too long...My PD (Absecon) didnt want them....I made them take them anyway when I reapplied for 3 more.(hoping it would speed up my new ones)..She just ripped them and threw in the trash as they were no importance.

If you are still looking to use it take them back to the PD and have them renew it for another few months. I know my local PD offers this!

You can only renew for an additional 90 days from the expiration date, no matter when there renewed you get 90 days after the expiration date.

You can only renew for an additional 90 days from the expiration date, no matter when there renewed you get 90 days after the expiration date.

Not really. Read the permit. I don't have one in front of me, but I believe it states an additional 90 days, making it 180 days from the issue date.

Not really. Read the permit. I don't have one in front of me, but I believe it states an additional 90 days, making it 180 days from the issue date.

You're both saying the same thing. 90 days after the first expiration date is 180 days after the issue date.

:thsmiley_deadhorse:

It expires 90 days after the issue date and another 90 days after the extended date.

That's incorrect.

It expires 90 days after the issue date. If extended, it expires 180 days after the issue date - NOT after the extended date.

N.J.A.C. 13:54-1.7 Validity of firearms identification card and permit to purchase a handgun

(a) A firearms purchaser identification card shall be valid until such time as the holder becomes

subject to any of the disabilities set forth by law and this subchapter pertaining to an applicant's

eligibility. Upon becoming subject to any of the disabilities set forth in this subchapter, the card

shall be void and shall be returned to the Superintendent within five days.

(b ) A permit to purchase a handgun shall be valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issuance

and may be renewed by the issuing authority for good cause for an additional 90 days. In no event

shall a permit to purchase a handgun be valid for more than 180 days from the date the permit was

originally issued.

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

Clarifications boys..... expiration date is 90 days from the issue date(yes i know its not actually printed on the permit, but its inherent)... you get an additional 90 days from that date, not when you actually bring it to get renewed. If your permits are expired by 60days and decide to have them renewed, you only get 30days.

DJG probably put it in the most easy to understand terms. You only get 180 days from issue date with an renewal.

That's incorrect.

It expires 90 days after the issue date. If extended, it expires 180 days after the issue date - NOT after the extended date.

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/pdf/firearms/062408_title13ch54.pdf

This, I lost a permit (took almost a month to extend) because "the chief was on vacation".

• Like 1