Sign in to follow this  
jerseydave

Lonestar commemorative price?

THIS RIFLE IS NOT FOR SALE! I have a Winchester model 94 lonestar commemorative 30/30. Never been shot. Made in 1970. Perfect condition. no scratches no dinks. I have the original box, and original warrenty papers. It came in a set of 2 rifles. My cousin has the other rifle at his house with original box and papers. these rifles have all types of gold emblems engraved into the stock. Was wondering if anyone had any kind of idea what this rifle is worth? Ive looked around online and see different prices.. I dont want to sell it because i know the older it gets the more its worth.

I'm not a Winchester collector, but I can tell you that there are a ton - literally - of model 94 commemoratives of one sort or another. Probably one of the most "commemorized" firearms in existence. When Winchester stopped making lever actions, everybody that had one thought they had an instant collector's piece and prices asked reflected that - please note that I said "asked" not realized. People soon understood that it was going to be a long while before their 94's were going to be worth anything to anybody, other than as a shooter. That being said, the plethora of 94 commemoratives are not worth a whole lot more than the non-commemorative 94's in the same condition.

Whether the one you have will someday become a true collectible will be determined by the market ultimately, but the contributing factors will be how many of that particular commemorative were made, what does it commemorate and any special features it includes (octagon barrel, large loop lever, etc.). If you are happy with it as it is, just put it back in your safe for another 20 - 25 years and see where the market takes it. You do have it right so far - absolutely needs to be NIB, unfired with all original packaging and documentation - otherwise, all bets are off. Sorry if I rained on your parade.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

BTW: This should be under "Rifles" - not in the Rimfire section - no harm no foul, you'd just get better visibility in the right section.

lol im new to this site still learning the ins and outs. And thanks for the info. im just going to hold on to it. thanks again. i just wasnt really sure the details on it and i havent really talked to anyone about the rifle. just did research on websites. but couldnt really find anything useful. so i figured id throw it out there on here. figuring one of u guys would have sum info on it. thanks. i appreciate it.

THIS RIFLE IS NOT FOR SALE! I have a Winchester model 94 lonestar commemorative 30/30. Never been shot. Made in 1970. Perfect condition. no scratches no dinks. I have the original box, and original warrenty papers. It came in a set of 2 rifles. My cousin has the other rifle at his house with original box and papers. these rifles have all types of gold emblems engraved into the stock. Was wondering if anyone had any kind of idea what this rifle is worth? Ive looked around online and see different prices.. I dont want to sell it because i know the older it gets the more its worth.

Here's someone selling the pair (rifle & carbine) for $1,400: http://www.doublegun.com/roth.htm