mikeyboyeee

Eotech 552/a.65 ref F

Just got what I believe was a very good deal on a pre owned 552.

Anything I should know abt this optic and it's use?

I have never used one before, but decided I wanted a quality reflex sight and couldn't pass up this deal. I know some say the red dot is grainy, etc, but I think for what I am using it for, it should be fine and if the SHTF, I know I have a quality piece on there.

Should have by end of week ;)

Some Eotechs have issues with the battery connectors. If memory serves me, the rev. F models are slightly modified from previous revisions to address the battery issues, so you should be ok. More often than not the problems show up during very high round count shooting where the gun gets hot.

Enjoy it.. it's a MUCH better optic than your previous one :)

Some Eotechs have issues with the battery connectors. If memory serves me, the rev. F models are slightly modified from previous revisions to address the battery issues, so you should be ok. More often than not the problems show up during very high round count shooting where the gun gets hot.

Thanks Petey ;)

I found a how to that adresses the battery coil issue:

http://www.kyledefoor.com/2009/12/mounting-tips-and-eotech-secret.html

For $255 shipped, I figure I couldn't really go wrong.

When you use it, focus on your target, not the reticule. I just purchased the XPS2 and i couldnt figure out why it was so damn blurry, i took it outside and focused on a tree and it became crystal clear. Also run it on the lowest brightness as to where you can just see the reticule, it will keep the reticule sharp no matter what the ambient light is. If your running it in the dark and the reticule is bright, it will bleed(just the nature of light acting as particles), having it set on the lowest possible setting will make the bleeding effect become unnoticeable.

When you use it, focus on your target, not the reticule. I just purchased the XPS2 and i couldnt figure out why it was so damn blurry, i took it outside and focused on a tree and it became crystal clear. Also run it on the lowest brightness as to where you can just see the reticule, it will keep the reticule sharp no matter what the ambient light is. If your running it in the dark and the reticule is bright, it will bleed(just the nature of light acting as particles), having it set on the lowest possible setting will make the bleeding effect become unnoticeable.

Thanks Jack.

I have read that I you need to keep both eyes open and focus on the target itself as that's how it was designed to be used.

Xps2 is SWEET, just no where near my budget ;)

I was looking around before i purchased it and found one second hand on ebay, i got it for 380 shipped. It was brand new actually never mounted, And the condition supported this, no marks what so ever. Buying Eotech is very easy, if it's not a laser, its not an Eotech. The other manufactures can be hard to spot a fake unless you really know what ur buying since they all use LEDs. This was actually purchased after i tried buying an XPS3 which i found on ebay for 400, i though wow what a great deal, but the guy was forced to refund my money before he even shipped it due to well it being fake, he ripped off like 5 people ahead of me with some aimpoints, which all got refunds as well. It was listed under Ebay buyer protection, i guess this guy had no idea how to rip someone off, lucky me i guess. Still wound up getting a good deal. I'm still not sure if the XPS3 was a fake since i never got my hands on it, he claimed he picked up 10 of them when a local shop was liquidating. I dont have NV or plan on utilizing NV any time soon so the XPS3 would have been over kill anyway. It's basically an extra 100 bucks for a very low light setting.

You can use my temporary fix which is very simple:

1. Take a click pen and remove the spring

2. Shove the spring down into the battery box

3. Shove batteries in and voila!