Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

FFL Dealer : World Class Steel LLC - experience?

I had placed an order for my beretta m9a1 late Thursday night last week. I had selected World Class Steel LLC in edison for my transfer dealer, Being the closest to me, and listed in green ( green = budsgunshop.com preferred dealer ) I figure I'd have no problem.

Im just a little curious to see if any you folks have dealt with him in the past and what his typical practice is.

I've left multiple voice mails with him with no call backs. This morning I tried emailing him through the address on his website, but it bounced back to me that the email was no longer in service.

Also, all my other items through buds have shipped immediately, except for the hand gun still says processing almost a week later.

Im not bad mouthing the dealer, or assuming the worst. Im sure he's a reputible ffl dealer. But just a little curious to see what other people had experience wise with them.

Thanks

-Alec

His name is John. I had used him a year or so ago for an M&P I no longer have.

Everything went fine. Was a nice enough gentlemen.

I now use Vinny at Hunting World as I purchased a couple of guns from him.

He is also a bit closer to me in EB and it is a much easier, more pleasant drive then going to the other end of Edison. + he is also a forum sponsor and a great guy to shoot the sh!t with.

Try calling John in the evening as he has a day job.

In addition, I would never have a gun sent to an FFL without me speaking to them 1st to let them know a gun is on the way and they confirm they are ready to receive.

Thanks, Im sure everything is peachy, was just curious, as this was my first online purchase.

Also, I would of called, but it was late at night and buds states this about their preferred dealers:

Dealers listed in green are our Preferred Dealers that have agreed to accept all incoming transfers from our customers. You do not need to contact our Preferred Dealers. Choosing a Preferred Dealer from our list will expedite your order process.

Just to be on the safe side, I would have some form of contact with a dealer before placing an order. God forbid something happens to the person health or whatever. Websites aren't always updated promptly. I'm not trying to worry you, but I would play it safe.