Cemeterys Gun Blob

Insurance coverage for Firearms

State Farm has a firearms coverage starting at $5000 and with discounts if you own a gun safe.

I sell state farm, we can cover any amt of firearms not just over $5000. You can Opt in for coverage UP TO $5000 on your home policy and of you need extra you schedule them on an articles policy- as i was stating above. We can also insure collectibles and other sports stuff. Usually you would need an appraisal for that stuff..

Here is something to keep in mind for everyone in here. The deductible.

I know nothing about what company actually insures you through the NRA, havent looked into it, so I cannot comment on them or their policy. Most policies will have a deductible, especially the ones that are saying that their homeonwers/renters has included coverage. Usually what is included will only cover very certain perils (forced entry/break-in, fire, water) and will typically carry a $500-1000 deductible.

Does anyone here know the details on the NRA policy? If not and you are relying on it to cover a substantial amount of firearms you should really make sure its the correct coverage that you need. Same to everyone else here, make sure you know what you are covered for.

One other thing to keep in mind is ammunition. Is that covered and at what deductible/limit? Typically that would fall under General Personal Property on a homeowners policy.

Lloyds of London insures through the NRA. I found that out when I had to increase the replacement value for a Nighthawk Custon for over $2500.

I sell state farm, we can cover any amt of firearms not just over $5000. You can Opt in for coverage UP TO $5000 on your home policy and of you need extra you schedule them on an articles policy- as i was stating above. We can also insure collectibles and other sports stuff. Usually you would need an appraisal for that stuff..

Can you recommend a place to do the appraisals?

For firearms or collectables/jewelry? If I write you a policy for firearms I dont need an appraisal. Just a detailed description, photo, and proof of value (usually a bill of sale, but i have used print outs from manufacturer websites as well)

For Jewelry/collectables, i really don’t know of anyone in particular, i just tell people to use their jeweler, usually cheaper that way...

I do know a jeweler, but he is local in Ocean County. PM if you want his info...

Thanks for the info. I was actually looking for a place that will do appraisals for sports collectibles ( jerseys and signed balls) plus my wifes barbie doll collection. This way we can get them insured. The places we called will write a rider for them but the total amount of coverage is only 10k unless we have appraisals for the items...