Steve_G

Sightron Big Sky or Bushnell Elite 4200

I currently have the 4200 on my rem 700, love the scope, very good glass, and the range is perfect, shot 300yds today @ steel plates and it was easy.. The side focus is a nice feature.. can't blame this scope for a bad shot

I am more than pleased with my 4200 Elite. I have the 30mm tube with a 50mm objective lens. Very good glass. That being said, I also have a Sightron II that is an impressive scope. Little hard to compare since the 4200 is a 6-24 variable and the Sightron is a fixed power (6X) Hunters Benchrest scope. Sightron uses an erector system like that used in the Weaver T-series (that's good). I think I'd probably go for the Bushnell - given the choices you present.

I'd make sure it's in stock before you order. Also you may want to look around. I mention these two things because I believe the 3200 & 4200 are being discontinued, so many places have them at great prices - likewise, many places are sold out.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

Adios,

Pizza Bob