Malsua

Marlin parts

I'm planning a trip out to Ohio soon and I want to fix one of my step dad's guns. It's a Western Auto 150 which I think is a Marlin 49.

The Recoil spring is kinked from a disassembly and he was going to toss it but I told him I'd try to fix it.

I don't know how badly it's kinked or how it got kinked...he just said it needs a new one and he's not going to bother...I told him I'll take it. I'm pretty sure it's not NJ legal so I'm not sure I want to fart around with the tube either, but I hate tossing a gun I shot the first time when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Very sentimental gun...I even carved an M in the stock(hey leave me alone, I was 8 ) ...and he was very angry with me at the time.

Where can I buy parts? I'll just buy the spring and guide.

Well, you're no help.

I don't recall ever taking it apart as a kid. It never needed it.

If they made a Post ban tube for it, I'd buy that too and get it transferred to me. I'll ultimately inherit the gun so I guess it's good to figure how to make it legal. I seem to recall it'd hold 18 or 19. Like 18 + 1. That's no go for sure.

I suppose I could just toss it but it was the first real gun that I felt was mine even though it has always been at my step dad's house. I haven't shot it in at least 20 years and it was old then. heh.

If they made a Post ban tube for it, I'd buy that too and get it transferred to me. I'll ultimately inherit the gun so I guess it's good to figure how to make it legal. I seem to recall it'd hold 18 or 19. Like 18 + 1. That's no go for sure.

If it's like my older Marlin 60, all you need is a small plumber's tubing cutter to INDENT (not cut all the way through) the inner tube to permanently restrict the movement of the inner spring-loaded plastic follower.