Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Spring Turkey help?

I didnt pay attention but the lottery for the spring turkey season has come and gone. Tomm AM you can try and get leftover permits. Does anyone know the good areas to hunt turkey. I live in Monmouth County by the way. Don't mind some traveling but not really into driving more than two hours one way.

Is anyone familiar with any of this? Any suggestions as what area to hunt?

You can hunt the state's WMA's, but they can get crowded and birds get pressured early on from all the competition. The state forests and parks in the northeast and northwestern part of the state are good bets. Vast amounts of land, and fewer hunters. But you will have to work for your bird.

You can hunt the state's WMA's, but they can get crowded and birds get pressured early on from all the competition. The state forests and parks in the northeast and northwestern part of the state are good bets. Vast amounts of land, and fewer hunters. But you will have to work for your bird.

The site was crashing at 10am but we were able to get in for area 14, the third and forth week. Thats Ocean County. This will be my first time going out so I guess Ill do a little researching on the ole intrawebs