Recon Racoon

Antique Firearms Appraisers

Any one know of any reliable appraisers of historic firearms? I have a couple rifles that I want to sell, but I want to know exactly what I have first before I sell something worth a ton of money. Any recommendations you guys have are greatly appreciated.

Auction is the best way to sell, the market will decide what they are worth. If you want to know what they are worth without selling, just put a crazy high reserve on it. I think appraisers are a thing of the past and of course an appraiser that wants the gun will have a bias. Not to mention no 2 appriasers will agree.

Hm. OK I'll have to see what some are worth on gunbroker and go from there. I figured one rifle I have is worth around 150, but I have an 11mm Mauser IG Mod 71 and I've been having trouble finding info about it on the 'net.

Thanks for the quick reply Glenn.

Hm. OK I'll have to see what some are worth on gunbroker and go from there. I figured one rifle I have is worth around 150, but I have an 11mm Mauser IG Mod 71 and I've been having trouble finding info about it on the 'net.

Try looking at the sold section on GB, you'll be able to back several months to see what things are going for.

Gunbroker wants to charge me a dollar to use a gmail account. Eff that noise. I'll register something later.

It is just $1 to verify your money source is valid. It keeps buyers and sellers from being ripped off of one party decides to flake on a transaction. You get the $1 back on your first transaction.

Did you find this place on your search of the internet Mauser

Harry

I dont know how close you are to Berlin NJ. There is a gunsmith, Winter Gun smithing. He could probably tell you what it's worth. He has a collection of "very" old firearms. He may even buy it from you. I have been in there many times for work on my pistols.

I dont know how close you are to Berlin NJ. There is a gunsmith, Winter Gun smithing. He could probably tell you what it's worth. He has a collection of "very" old firearms. He may even buy it from you. I have been in there many times for work on my pistols.

Could you PM me the address please?