The last time I checked my mailbox I did not see a check from the state for assisting to enforce gun laws - or any other laws for that matter. Thus it is not any of my business. If I see a rifle with a collapsable stock - I assume it is pinned. When I see a mag that sticks out of the gun more than it should - I assume that it is plugged to appropriate capacity. If I see a fully auto firearm - I assume the owner is an LEO or is otherwise licensed. I am not under any obligation to either validate or disprove these assumptions. I mind my own business and everyone else should do the same.

If you feel that you need to do something to improve the attitudes of the state and its residents towards firearms you can:

1. Get involved in political campaigns.

2. Start an educational B-log

3. Go door to door and talk to the people in your neighborhood

or come up with some other useful approach.

But whatever you do - stay the f-ck out of other people's business.

The last time I checked my mailbox I did not see a check from the state for assisting to enforce gun laws - or any other laws for that matter. Thus it is not any of my business. If I see a rifle with a collapsable stock - I assume it is pinned. When I see a mag that sticks out of the gun more than it should - I assume that it is plugged to appropriate capacity. If I see a fully auto firearm - I assume the owner is an LEO or is otherwise licensed. I am not under any obligation to either validate or disprove these assumptions. I mind my own business and everyone else should do the same.

If you feel that you need to do something to improve the attitudes of the state and its residents towards firearms you can:

1. Get involved in political campaigns.

2. Start an educational B-log

3. Go door to door and talk to the people in your neighborhood

or come up with some other useful approach.

But whatever you do - stay the f-ck out of other people's business.

YES!

Ultimately, I agree with the above. Still, this is a pure representation of why the community in NJ is virtually powerless even though there is a significant amount of gun owners-- and why the NRA would rather choose to take their battles elsewhere. If people are so selfish to simply be ignorant of their fellow man [and ladies], well... maybe its the "American" thing to do, but, alas, its negative impact in the big picture of things is unfortunate.

Because, yes, every a--hole's actions, as far and unrelated to my life and my actions, are a representation of me as a gun owner. The person can own the firearms legally or illegally. They can be using the firearm in a justified manner, or in a criminal manner. It really does not matter as the common denominator is firearms, and society will not see the difference between my handling and approach to firearms compared to a gangbanger.

So, somebody F'ing it up is not just causing personal harm, but are continuing the trend of painting the NJ firearms community in a bad light. Do we simply sit by and do nothing? That does not seem productive whatsoever.

If a person is stupid enough to broadcast their illegal actions, I don't have any issues with calling them out on it.

ETA: By "broadcast," I mean when a person shows up at a public range with something illegal; takes incriminating video and posts it on youtube; or takes pictures and shares them publicly-- basically anything shared in a public space. What a person does behind closed doors is obviously none of my business, and none of what I have said applies to that.

Ultimately, I agree with the above. Still, this is a pure representation of why the community in NJ is virtually powerless even though there is a significant amount of gun owners-- and why the NRA would rather choose to take their battles elsewhere. If people are so selfish to simply be ignorant of their fellow man [and ladies], well... maybe its the "American" thing to do, but, alas, its negative impact in the big picture of things is unfortunate.

Because, yes, every a--hole's actions, as far and unrelated to my life and my actions, are a representation of me as a gun owner. The person can own the firearms legally or illegally. They can be using the firearm in a justified manner, or in a criminal manner. It really does not matter as the common denominator is firearms, and society will not see the difference between my handling and approach to firearms compared to a gangbanger.

So, somebody F'ing it up is not just causing personal harm, but are continuing the trend of painting the NJ firearms community in a bad light. Do we simply sit by and do nothing? That does not seem productive whatsoever.

If a person is stupid enough to broadcast their illegal actions, I don't have any issues with calling them out on it.

ETA: By "broadcast," I mean when a person shows up at a public range with something illegal; takes incriminating video and posts it on youtube; or takes pictures and shares them publicly-- basically anything shared in a public space. What a person does behind closed doors is obviously none of my business, and none of what I have said applies to that.

Welcome to my world as a Cop BBK.