M4BGRINGO

.45 ACP Semi-Auto

+1 How much do you want to spend? S&W makes nice 1911s. Pro Series are real nice.

Tim and I both have Sig 220s. I just got a S&W Pro Series 1911 in .45acp.

I plan to be at Brick Armory tomorrow night with the S&W. I could bring the Sig 220 as well if you can make it and would like to try it.

Hmmm... If I can get out of my monthly Planning Board meeting I'd love to take you up on that offer!

I am going to try and get to Shore Shot with a friend next week. I will check their .45 selection. Someone also mentioned to look at the FN Herstal stuff.

I also did not realize how the timing of the handgun purchases worked. So, as soon as my Beretta gets here and I take delivery then I need to wait 30 days until I take possession of the next one..... I thought I was going to be waiting 90 days, thanks for the info guys!

Hmmm... If I can get out of my monthly Planning Board meeting I'd love to take you up on that offer!

I am going to try and get to Shore Shot with a friend next week. I will check their .45 selection. Someone also mentioned to look at the FN Herstal stuff.

I also did not realize how the timing of the handgun purchases worked. So, as soon as my Beretta gets here and I take delivery then I need to wait 30 days until I take possession of the next one..... I thought I was going to be waiting 90 days, thanks for the info guys!

No problem. Let me know. I may go to SS tomorrow night instead of B.A.

1911 forums. Colt owners usually speak poorly about Kimbers. I had 4. sold all years ago. I favor the older colts, Baers and nighthawks!

Kimber has been the target for some time now. They make the most 1911's out of everyone so they get a fair share of complaints. I like my Pro Raptor and feel it is a bargain for what it costs. I would not hesitate to recommend them. The MIM parts is way over done/debated.

Are there tighter more accurate guns perhaps. But the prices of the ones that claim to be approach the prices of good used cars.LOL!!Nighthawk,Dan Wesson,and baers are all had tuned by Smiths and Kimbers for the most part are mass produced.

The gun shoots better then I ever will and will probably outlast me as well.

Google any of the well know manufacturers and you will find each has a fair share of complaints. Really it comes down to how deep your pockets are as aesthetics is what separates them.I have over 1000 rds through mine and once I learned how to handle it my issues disappeared.

Truth be told if I had the cash I would acquire a Wesson.But only cause I think it's a darn sexy firearm.

I have a Kimber 1911 from the Clackamass years and its been a solid performer. Its a Series 1 if that makes any difference.

Those are the one set of Kimbers I have heard really good things about.

Ignorance maybe bliss, but I REALLY like my Taurus PT1911.

So much so I couldn't bare to sell it when I was thinking of consolidating to strictly 9mm.

I have heard good things about the Taurus 1911s. They are not refined, fancy, semi-customs. Nor are not meant to be.

I bet it's a decent shooter and is reliable though. Same as a RIA.