Since the LT called you and broke your balls about being 2 days short of OGAM you should have told the LT that how bout the next time your PPs are 2 days over the 30 day waiting period you will be calling him to give him a piece of your mind !!!! :threaten:

• Like 2

Sigh.... OGAM wasnt a violation of the 2nd Ammendment when it passed, and the 2nd didnt even come into play until until March of 2010. Up until that point the 2nd Ammendment DID NOT APPLY TO STATE LAWS. People dont realize this. The US constitution applies only to control and limit the power of the FEDERAL GOVT unless and until such time as SCOTUS "Incorporates" something under the 14th Ammendment and "Equal Protection". Since NJ has and has never had any mention of an RKBA in our State Constitution, until the McDonald Decision was rendered, there were NO actual limits on what NJ could have done vis-a-vis gun laws. NJ could have banned everything completely and forced all of us to dispose of our Firearms, and before the McDonald Decision there isnt a DAMN thing we could have done about it. That Said, While McDonald incorporated the 2nd to be relevant to the Individual states, it also allowed for "Reasonable Restrictions" Thus far, the courts have not determined the limits on the word "Reasonable" and until they do, again, we're screwed, and stuck with OGAM. Until someone with DEEP pockets sues the state and can get a court to agree that OGAM is "UNreasonable" it's here to stay. I had originally hoped that McDonald would have forced a complete re-write of 2C:38, or even a repeal of it completely, and a completely new Chapter written, but so far even SAF hasnt tried to beard that lion.

My post is regarding OGAM in the present as it stands, post Heller/McDonald. It needs to be challenged eventually, as I said hopefully after CCW is fixed in this state. I agree, it is all about what is defined as "reasonable regulation". This is the new fight. I feel .50BMG belt fed rifles are reasonable, others feel single shot .22lr rifles are. Now we have to fight to determine where the line in the sand is drawn. What regulation is considered permissible while adhering to the essence of 2A, and what is not.

I also feel NJ's pistol permit system would not stand the test. Just as OGAM , it serve only to hinder those who wish to obtain guns as they have the right to according to 2A, by imparting excessive legal and administrative hurdles to overcome before being able to make the purchase. The NJ FID and NICS check at time of purchase covers everything a PP does, the PP system is just over the top ridiculous and unconstitutional. Not to mention the privacy issues with the mandatory registration built into the permit.