Sign in to follow this  
siderman

Wow- what nice day at the range

:):):) Got to shoot 5 of my guns, use up a lot of ammo, really enjoy the great outdoors and sunshine and even meet a few old timers and got to hear some of their war stories. And not shy about showin their scars!Amazing how fast the day can go sometimes.come home to a nice dinner cooking... What did you do today? Did I mention what a nice day it was?

siderman, I had a similar experience recently.

A coupla weeks ago a friend and fellow board member here called me for a range date the following day. Having not shot my Korean War vintage Garand yet, I readily accepted.

The weather was beautiful, and felt even more so being that we had just endured a very long spell of nasty Jersey weather.

My Garand was flawless in operation and an absolute pleasure to shoot. At one point after I let go a bunch of rounds, I stood there admiring my target downrange and my pal pointed out to me that I had a big smile on my face. When I took a second to notice I said yea, you're right I do. We had an excellent time.

Had a nice few hours out too. Busted out the Mosin for a bunch of rounds and the pistol for another 150 rounds. However the pistol rounds were some of my first reloads. They shot very well. Good shooting and nice weather. Can't beat that.