matt6669

Opinions on Swiss's

Thinking about buying a k31, or a 1911 or something along those lines and wondering what everyone thought of them.

I've shot mak's k31 and liked it a lot. Just not sure if I really want to add another caliber to the growing list of calibers

M

I bought one at a gun show recently. I've only shot about 100 rds through it. But I will say its probably one of the most accurate milsurps that I own. It will hang with any of my M1s all day. I will probably be buying another one. I like to have two of each of my rifles, I don't know why?

But anyway if you have the funds I would pick one up.

I have a K31 and it is by far the most accurate milsurp I have and the straight pull is alot of fun (throws cases into the rafters). They shoot the best with milsurp ammo which while it isnt 7.62x54r cheap, you get match grade top shelf ammo for 50 cents a pop. I have gotten some pretty ridiculous groups with irons. Kinda tempted to buy another one and trick it out with diopter sights. Rumor is that they cost the swiss govt ~$2000 to make. Alot of them have the name tags of whom they were issued to with adress and mine had a tag, and I was actually able to contact the man that it was issued to in 1949 which is really cool

I have a K31 and it is by far the most accurate milsurp I have and the straight pull is alot of fun (throws cases into the rafters). They shoot the best with milsurp ammo which while it isnt 7.62x54r cheap, you get match grade top shelf ammo for 50 cents a pop. I have gotten some pretty ridiculous groups with irons. Kinda tempted to buy another one and trick it out with diopter sights. Rumor is that they cost the swiss govt ~$2000 to make. Alot of them have the name tags of whom they were issued to with adress and mine had a tag, and I was actually able to contact the man that it was issued to in 1949 which is really cool

I would agree, I have a K31 and a K11, both excellent, well made and very accurate.

As far as the cases, it will launch them over your head and land behind you if you work the bolt with some vigor.

• Like 1

Matt

Buy at least the ammo, excellent/accurate/clean stuff

I bought couple of K11's when Aim had them on sale in the low $200's

yeah I think unless I come across a deal at a show I'm going to pass for now. I just can't justify another damn caliber I got too many as it is now