Sign in to follow this  
SigSauer229

can't co withness my iron sights with eotech opmod

I just got an Eotech opmod.

i mounted the sight on my Daniel defense flat top. I have a Daniel defense 10in lite rail and troy micro flip up battle sights. I want to have all 3 sights line up or at the very least have the front sight co witness with the MOA red dot. I moved the moa dot down as far as possible but started to feel some resistance and stopped as that could break the sight. I am new to the Rifle world and this is my first build so any help would be awesome. Thanks

The Eotech Opmod is probably a lower 1/3 cowitness sight. So it will not line up, or cowitness with your iron sights. What it will do instead, is sit slightly higher above your iron sights.

http://www.opmod.com/products.html assuming this is th optic you are referring to, you can read in the description that it has a 7mm raised base for lower 1/3 co-witness. The base is designed so that the moa dot will appear above the irons. What you are looking for is an absolute co-witness. To achieve absolute you should have purchased a standard eotech xps 2 instead of an opmod which seems the only difference is that it was designed for a lower 1/3 co-witness. You may be able to find a different mount for the optic which will move it closer to the rail.

To achieve absolute you should have purchased a standard eotech xps 2 instead of an opmod which seems the only difference is that it was designed for a lower 1/3 co-witness. You may be able to find a different mount for the optic which will move it closer to the rail.

if u decide to part w/ it, send me a PM.

You lowered the elevation on the Eotech all the way?? Watch out when you try to zero her, you're going to shoot the sky.

Make sure your irons are zeroed first. Then match the dot to the irons, or even a bit above. Then adjust to the desired zero with a lower 1/3 sight picture.

Like others have said it is a lower 1/3 co-witness. I have the xps2 and the RRA eotech co-witness rear site, it's just a rear iron site attached to a riser rail. The red dot or reticule should sit just on top of the irons, i like it better this way because my rear sight does not flip down, although the front one does but you get more viewing area through the scope. If you line up the dot with the irons they will not have the same POI. Unfortunately you do not have the option to lower the sight unless you can get the original(non raised) base. Or raise your irons, but i actually prefer the 1/3 over true co-witness.