Dan

Thoughts on this upper

Guys, I'm eyeing my next build here. Looking at uppers right now. I'd like to go with an 18" bbl this time. I'm going for velocity here as I'd like to make this a quasi-precision type setup for extended ranges out past where my 14.5" AR wouldn't be optimal.

So far I keep heading back to this upper from BCM My link . Anyone have a 18" SS bbl from BCM? I'd like to hear opinions on it. Also, I think I may go with a battlecomp for it. I know its cosmetic only, but what are your thoughts on black or matte stainless finish on the BC when used on a SS barrel?

Thanks

Sure I could build a budget carbine for that price, but that's not what I'm looking for. If you add up all the components that go into this upper, it comes to around $650-ish. So basically they charge $80 for assembly and testing.

That looks to be fore a 16". I'm looking for 18". Also when I did build out the 16" to be equivalent to the BCM i'm looking at the price was about the same , about $15 even with factoring in the RRA coming with the BCG.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a better quality 18" SS upper for less than what BCM charges.

That BCM would make a nice SPR-style build.

Yea this it turning out to be my conclusion as well. That's exactly what I'm going for , a SPR / SDM type build that I intend to put a scope on and reload with quality components for.

Thanks all for the feedback!