Sign in to follow this  
JTQ911

Does Anyone Have

Does anyone here have a Springfield compact? This is an officer's frame with Springfield's commanderish 4" slide, essentially a CCO. Springfield hasn't made them in a couple years except for a 2,000+ custom shop item, but I'm thinking about trying to hunt one down on one of the auction sites. Before I do, just trying to see if anyone has any opinions of these?

Jim

This is an officer's frame with Springfield's commanderish 4" slide, essentially a CCO.

Jim:

You have better selections that are currently being produced - which means less $$$ and greater availability, although the popularity of these sometimes makes them hard to find.

You have the Dan Wesson CCO. The S&W 1911 ES. And the Sig C3 or RCS (which is the C3 with a melt job). All of these have alloy frames, since they're meant as carry guns. If you desire a steel frame, Sig makes a traditional SS compact (new - just out, although they made an earlier model with the Sig configured slide).

Here's my RCS...

11spn2o.jpg

If you love the 1911 platform, these are some of the best carry guns you could wish for. I love mine.

Good luck in your hunt.

Adios,

Pizza Bob