Downr@nge

Is this shotgun NJ legal?

I will simply agree to disagree.. but implying that a saiga 12 is potentially unreliable because it wont consistently cycle lightweight ammo is somewhat misleading.. the gun is semi-automatic and it takes a decent chunk of gas to cycle the gun... run the gun on heavy 12 gauge ammo.. verify the ports are correct.. and that gun will run all day.. the disappointment comes when individuals think that the gun is magical.. and should out of the box do more than it is intended to do.. if you have reasonable expectations.. the gun will not be a disappointment..

Which is why the eyetalians have the semi-auto shotgun covered. They'll cycle birdshot. I can't trust my life to a ammo sensative shotgun. That's also why I like pumps, they'll shoot 2 inch shells or whatever else you find laying around.

My Saiga-12 has been perfect with #00 Buck Shot through it. Not enough of a kick though for me. Now that I have put about 100 rounds of Buck Shot through it, the little Trap Loads are working perfectly fine. The only thing I don't like is having to remember to turn the front knob when switching between loads. I plan on shooting steels with it anyway with # 7 1/2.

Now that new pump gun with dual mag tubes, that looks like fun! If it was for sale now I'd be at Pauls buying one. Heavy, I doubt it, but then again, you haven't met me. I'll have no problem with it, trust me.

If I can stand on the line Trap Shooting 6 rounds in a row with my Rem 1100 without getting tired, I don't think that little gun is going to bother me one bit. Besides, it's gonna get lighter and lighter as I pull the trigger! :icon_mrgreen:

I'm totally lost with this statement. Huh?

You said this:

A lb is not alot for HD, but if a firearm won't cycle a certain ammo then I wouldn't trust it with my life. But that's just me.

I meant that I agree with you in spades.

If you draw or shoulder a firearm you better damn well know it is going to stop your attacker on the first try.

You said this:

I meant that I agree with you in spades.

If you draw or shoulder a firearm you better damn well know it is going to stop your attacker on the first try.

Oh okay.

I just don't get the love affair people are having with the Saiga 12. Or the KSG for that matter. But, I'm old school in that way.

Oh okay.

I just don't get the love affair people are having with the Saiga 12. Or the KSG for that matter. But, I'm old school in that way.

I will explain it simply.. in ANY situation where you are using heavy duty loads the Saiga 12 will RELIABLY put exponentially more ammunition on target compared to any pump gun..

this is why people love the saiga 12.. you don't get it? are you kidding me? what is there not to get?

Because they're f*cking badass, that's why people want the KSG and S12's. Ray, I really enjoyed what you taught me about shotguns at R14, it was a lot of fun. That was the most fun I've had shooting shotguns, even given what little experience I have....it was a blast. But when the KSG comes out, I'm buying it. If reliable, it's going to outperform any other pump shotgun for HD. The S12, slightly different market, but just as badass, if not more. I would own a S12 if I lived in a state that allowed the cool features.

• Like 1

Um, any gun in full auto or in a configuration setup in America is fun. All I'm saying is that how many dudes actually use the Saiga (or KSG, HA!) for home defense? None.

Um, any gun in full auto or in a configuration setup in America is fun. All I'm saying is that how many dudes actually use the Saiga (or KSG, HA!) for home defense? None.

Very true here in NJ and probably most places in the US but when I am here at home, it's a pistols and pump SG, now when I am down in DR at my mother inlaws house, pistol and F/A Siage 12G :)

Harry