On Monday 8/8, Ready, Aim, Fire in Bristol, PA has its IDPA match. This is more like a practice session. You can shoot once and then re-enter. Fees are less if you are an IDPA member - but nobody checked last time. Nor are these scores sent in to IDPA to affect your rating (an assumption since there was no place on the score sheet for your IDPA number).

This is three stages and you shoot all three consecutively, so extra mags or speedloaders/moonclips help speed things along. If you come early, you can be in and out within an hour - even with a re-entry.

If you are looking to get your feet wet in IDPA, or just want (need) the practice, this is a good way to go. Well run, very safety concsious. If it's hot that day, the range will be toasty, so bring some water (they also have a vending machine there). They are open strictly for the shoot. The range and showroom are closed otherwise, so you won't get to drool over any inventory. Go early. Shoot. Be home in time for Antiques Roadshow.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Here's their website...

http://www.rafire.com/raf/

I shot this one last month, went with Pizza Bob. My first IDPA shoot. Folks there were very patient and explained things really well. Made me feel relaxed. I still didn't shoot worth a darn, but this finally got me to do more than stand still and shoot holes in paper at Range 14. I'll be there Monday. And extra mags help. Thanks Bob!