Ricky Bobby

First Firearm!

Any reason you went with a compact for your first gun?

Great choice. 15rd magazines so you don't get 10rd mags and have to buy seperate nuetered 15rd for the full size. Rotating barrel, same as the Full Size. It shoots just as soft and accurately as the full size.

He will also be ready for the day NJ changes from may issue to shall issue.

Great choice. 15rd magazines so you don't get 10rd mags and have to buy seperate nuetered 15rd for the full size. Rotating barrel, same as the Full Size. It shoots just as soft and accurately as the full size.

FYI, the full size beretta Px4 has factory 15 round mags. They aren't neutered at all.

FYI, the full size beretta Px4 has factory 15 round mags. They aren't neutered at all.

They come with 17rd or 10rd magazines. Being in NJ you have to purcahse the 10rd option. You then can buy from Beretta the full size 15rd magazines that were nuetered from 17rds. There is no option to buy the Full Size PX4 with 15rd mags from Beretta. Unless this is some new option.

They come with 17rd or 10rd magazines. Being in NJ you have to purcahse the 10rd option. You then can buy from Beretta the full size 15rd magazines that were nuetered from 17rds. There is no option to buy the Full Size PX4 with 15rd mags from Beretta. Unless this is some new option.

They aren't "neutured", they are standard 15 round mags from the factory. No pinning or blocks or unremovable base pads. Just 15 round magazines.

They aren't "neutured", they are standard 15 round mags from the factory. No pinning or blocks or unremovable base pads. Just 15 round magazines.

However you want to look at it, you are not getting the full capacity of the Full Size PX4 9mm. That's why I dont like to buy full size 9mm pistols in NJ, I can get the same capacity in compact sizes, eg: Glock 19, PX4 Compact. Ofcourse this is only my opinion.

FYI the full size 15rd magazines are the 17rd but they have a permanent crimp (dimple) on the side of the magazine to limit it to 15rds. Same with the 10rd, they are 17rd limited by a crimp to 10rds. But yes, they are factory 15rd, and they can be taken apart to be maintained.

Smith wesson m&p and glock 17 are 17 round mags. Beretta px4 is 15 iirc.

Beretta PX4 Full Size is 17+1 also. The Beretta 92 Full Size 9mm is 15+1, that's why I own that one.

PX4 9mm = 17+1 optional 20+1, 10+1

PX4 .40 = 14+1 optional 17+1

PX4 .45 = 9+1 optional 10+1

PX4 Compact 9mm = 15+1

PX4 Compact .40 = 12+1

PX4 SubCompact 9mm = 13+1

PX4 SubCompact .40 = 10+1

However you want to look at it, you are not getting the full capacity of the Full Size PX4 9mm. That's why I dont like to buy full size 9mm pistols in NJ, I can get the same capacity in compact sizes, eg: Glock 19, PX4 Compact. Ofcourse this is only my opinion.

FYI the full size 15rd magazines are the 17rd but they have a permanent crimp (dimple) on the side of the magazine to limit it to 15rds. Same with the 10rd, they are 17rd limited by a crimp to 10rds.

Hate to say it, but it is a stupid reason, especially with a Px4, when you can get factory 15 round mags.

Glock, sure... will buy that,

But for M&P 9, CZ, Storm, where you can easily get factory 15 round mags, it is is stupid reason to go compact, just because you cant have the standard capacity gun.

I would argue it is better to own a full size gun with neutured mags, then a subcompact/compact with standard capacity mags. Whats the point of a compact if you are not going to CCW it. =P And if you are going to CCW it, why not get a CCW gun?

Furthermore, if you are shooting at the range, or playing gun games, USPSA/IDPA/Steel, are you always loading the max amount of rounds that fit? Often times, I will load 10 at a time, to keep track of ammo, and even my home defense gun is loaded to 14 rounds, 1 less than full mag.

However, compact glocks, m&ps, and others I have owned/shot, behave quite a bit differently then their full sized bretherin.

Hate to say it, but it is a stupid reason, especially with a Px4, when you can get factory 15 round mags.

But for M&P 9, CZ, Storm, where you can easily get factory 15 round mags, it is is stupid reason to go compact, just because you cant have the standard capacity gun.

It might seem stupid to you. My reasoning is why 15rds of 9mm when I can have 15rds of .40 in the same size gun? I like to get the most "Bang" for my buck. Granted, I have no problem shooting the .40, whereas some people dont like or can't shoot .40 well. Also, a lot of people find the compacts easier to shoot and more accurate for them. There are a lot of reviews over at the Beretta forum about how the PX4 compact has less felt recoil than the Full SIze and just as accurate. I personally don't own one yet, but it is on my short list. But I am also thinking about a PX4 Full Size Type C 9mm, only because its the only 9mm variant in a Type C.

Im sure that will start a caliber war.