jerseymike667

Moving to NJ from out of state

Move to eastern PA.  You won't have to deal with any of the gun control BS, taxes are lower, etc.  If I wasn't already here I sure would not move here.

+1

I second moving to EPA. Even moving to Delaware would be better. Stay far away from this state. The ONLY reason anyone should have to move to NJ is if they are going to be employed by the NJ Government. Many of us made the mistake of moving here and fully regret it. 

Don't "trash" you're 30 round mags. If you do move here instead of PA, you could sell them to people in probably 40+ states or have them pinned to 15.

As others have said, if at all possible, stay the hell out of NJ. Before you know it, we'll have 10 round mags and a more restrictive assault weapons ban than we already have.

You will have to establish residency here first before you can bring your guns in. You can not bring them nor store them at your relatives house. And I agree, you made it out, dont come back. Look into PA along the border, you will regret this move very soon, and not just for the bs gun laws.

I don't believe that is true--it certainly didn't used to be the case.   You are protected while moving to a new legal residence (though the guns still need to be NJ legal, and there is that weird thing about moving not being a valid reason for being in possession of hollow points).   People move here from out of state all the time, and the guns come with them.

Once they are here, however, you need to get the FID, or you are limited in terms of what you can do with said guns.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!  I really appreciate it.   Looks like I'll have to get the stock pinned on my 15-22 since its adjustable as well. I'm sitting on quite a few 30 rd mags for both the Oracle and 15-22 that looks like will have to be trashed since CO just last year outlawed selling them privately.   I didn't even think of ammo being a possible problem.  I have a very large amount of HP ammo. Forget NJ was really picky about that. 

I'm originally from NJ. The wife and I decided it was time to get back to being closer to family.  I don't know if I'll miss CO to much as they  are getting progressively as bad as NJ regarding gun laws.  They aren't there yet but slowly inching forward. 

Thanks again!

If the 30rd mags are PMAGs, we offer a conversion service.