glockman26

200 yard range at cherry ridge

hello- I'm bringing a guest to the range saturday who wants to try the 200/300 yard range - I never used this range before.

What is the target situation and/or procedure?

Thanks - want to make sure I am prepared.

200 is morning till 1 pm then it's 300.

Bring sticky or stapled targets or even staple your sticky targets. Big ones. One target per board, centered. When it's time for a target change, walk or drive down to the pit and change your target. There is a gate that should be put in place or moved aside when you go down to change targets.

If it's empty, you can use more than one target stand.

Target changes are typically on the half hour but if you're the only one there, just head down and do it but if someone arrives while you're on your way back and it's on the half hour, it's courteous to allow them to go ahead and put a target up.

The boards are in the down position unless you're in that lane, so once you've attached your target...push it up until it stops. At least one of them is missing a counter weight (13?) and it's pretty heavy to push up.

I've never been there alone...so I've always left someone up at 200 to inform anyone who might arrive that there is someone down range.

Bring sticky or stapled targets or even staple your sticky targets. Big ones. One target per board, centered. When it's time for a target change, walk or drive down to the pit and change your target. There is a gate that should be put in place or moved aside when you go down to change targets.

Target changes are typically on the half hour but if you're the only one there, just head down and do it but if someone arrives while you're on your way back and it's on the half hour, it's courteous to allow them to go ahead and put a target up.

The boards are in the down position unless you're in that lane, so once you've attached your target...push it up until it stops. At least one of them is missing a counter weight (13?) and it's pretty heavy to push up.

I've never been there alone...so I've always left someone up at 200 to inform anyone who might arrive that there is someone down range.

You must live there. When are we going to meet?

Anthony

You must live there. When are we going to meet?

Anthony

I live nearby but I've not been shooting in 60 days or so, I've been incredibly busy this summer.

There are two weights on each target frame/board, one of the ones in the middle had the weight off for a while, it may have been fixed by now. It was more of a comment about how heavy they can be if one of the weights is off than an action item. :)

Position 12 is all fixed! Thank you and keep me posted if there other issues to address at the range.

Anthony