Sign in to follow this  
pepsi71ocean

G43

For the past few years they've been hovering in the 2500-3500 area. People asking a premium even for the most horrid of examples. There are an awful lot of these in country to be commanding those prices. The good thing is that most of them are in really good shape, from what I've seen anyway.

For the past few years they've been hovering in the 2500-3500 area. People asking a premium even for the most horrid of examples. There are an awful lot of these in country to be commanding those prices. The good thing is that most of them are in really good shape, from what I've seen anyway.

Now even the ones in rough shape are they safe to fire?

It depends on maker,receiver type,condition,matching numbers,original scope and mount. They can go anywhere from $1500-$7000.The lower end are usually mismatched parts guns, have the wrong butt plate,and a repro or sanded stock.

Are they safe,yes as long as the head space is good, the gun was sent out to have a damage inspection and you install properly made new gas system parts. I had one of these guns almost blow up in my face at a WW2 reenactment due to the gun having a improperly heat treated gas cylinder. It destroyed the firing pin carrier,bolt carrier,gas cylinder and all the movable gas system parts.If it had a live round instead of a blank it would have been much worse. Everything else was fixable and I still use this gun today.

The maker of these guns had a hard enough time trying to find an importer of the semi auto MP44.They had to jump through hoops to do that and took forever to get ATF approval. Then the problems with the products due to the 922R compliance caused many problems.The G43 has not been imported yet.I highly doubt they will since they cost more then most high end originals.The do make a nice variety of rare German WW2 weapons. I would love to have a VG 1-5.

The maker of these guns had a hard enough time trying to find an importer of the semi auto MP44.They had to jump through hoops to do that and took forever to get ATF approval. Then the problems with the products due to the 922R compliance caused many problems.The G43 has not been imported yet.I highly doubt they will since they cost more then most high end originals.The do make a nice variety of rare German WW2 weapons. I would love to have a VG 1-5.

The story I heard with the MP44s, was that the ATF let 140 of them in and then cut them off. They were selling for $5k. SMG in Texas is making repro FG42s, also $5k

When I was looking earlier this year, they were 1900+ and perfect examples over 2500. Some guy sold his duplicates that weren't in great shape for 1600-1750.

I found mine just searching on google. Ended up picking it up for 1600 off a local Michigan hunting forum. Its all original matching numbers. Stock was sanded by the vet though.