mcbethr

Pro Gun Candidates in District 6?

What is the most pressing need for gun owners in New Jersey?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What is the one law you would like to see reformed?

• "Reasonable Deviations" for handgun transport
    • Magazine Capacity limits
    • Concealed Carry
    • Assault Rifle and "Significantly Identical" ban
    • "Evil Features" Ban
    • The wait time for FID
    • The P2P and FID "extra" paperwork requirements
    • NJ's FID requirements in general
    • Hollow Point restrictions
    • One Gun A Month
    • Sportsman / Hunting restrictions

I noticed these guys: Gregory Horton and Allan E. Richardson running for assembly in District 6, which covers Cherry Hill, Voorhees and Collingswood.

If you go to their website http://www.hortonandrichardson.com/ you'll notice a rather strange item on their FAQ page. They actually list their feeling on the 2nd Amendment, including one sentence that made me interested: "We fully support every authorized individual's right to bear weapons for the purpose of protecting one's family and state." Sounds like they may support carry law reform to me...

I'm going to give these guys a call and see if I can set up a meeting. Considering Lou Greenwald tried to take my 15 round magazines away, these guys may be a much better choice.

I contacted their campaign manager and it looks like I'm going to meet with these two candidates next week to see what they are all about.

What do all of you consider to be NJ's most pressing problem as sport shooters? I know this entire list is somewhat upsetting, but if you had one single important issue, what would it be?

Vague, confusing, and unconstitutional gun laws. Is that one thing?

Agreed. God forbid we get clear concise laws that everyone and their 3 year old can understand.

My gripe, along with the clear as mud laws, is the arbitrary evil features list, and the poor misguided attempt to ban firearms through the reasonable likeness clause or what ever BS that list of banned weapons is.