Mr.G

Etymotic GSP 15 High-Definition Electronic Earplugs

Anyone ever use Etymotic GSP (Gun Sport Pro) 15 High-Definition Electronic Earplugs? They look promising! The electronic earmuff really gets in the way when shooting rifle especially scoped ones

http://www.etymotic.com/hp/gsp15.html

Alternatively there is the EB15 High-Fidelity Electronic BlastPLG

http://www.etymotic.com/hp/eb15.html

Ive always just used regular foam plugs or muffs, even when shooting rifles. These are next on my list of ones to try though http://www.sensgard.com/products-1

Get the NNR 31, I have them, well the NRA version but it's the exact same thing and they work great and I bet you will be happy with them. Also if you want another opinion see what PizzaBob has to say, be has mentioned that he has them and if I remember correctly also endorses them.

Harry

Get the NNR 31, I have them, well the NRA version but it's the exact same thing and they work great and I bet you will be happy with them. Also if you want another opinion see what PizzaBob has to say, be has mentioned that he has them and if I remember correctly also endorses them.

Harry

Thanks, I do plan on getting the 31's. Ive always heard and read good things about them but always forget to order them.

Reason they are so expensive is due to the circuitry, and the different compression algorithms that need to be created. Basically the R&D is what sets the price. As an audiology grad student (Montclair State), my recommendation, which is cheap, is to used the foam plugs + ear muffs. That is the best protection you will get. Many people don't actually place the foam ear plugs correctly in their ears, and the sound actually leaks in causing damage.

For you rifle hunters out there that don't use protection, you will, and probably do already, notice a difference between ears. Basically, the ear that is exposed to the barrel (right handed shooters=left ear and vise versa for lefty shooters)will be more damaged than the opposite ear. For the pistol shooters, well both of them get screwed at the same time.

You don't need to get all fancy with ear protection for it to actually do its job. It will be a lot cheaper to do it now, than pay 1000-3000 per hearing aid in the future.

If anyone wants to get their hearing tested, PM me I'm sure something can be arranged at the clinic.