msg73

Thoughts on Trius ST1 one step thrower...

Ordered just now. Very excited and I hope I have it by friday to use on the weekend.

It should ship tomorrow and arrive on Thursday. It will take you about 30-45 minutes to unbox and bolt it together. I left off the safety pipes.

Do make sure you test fire before you go to the range. Mine had to be adjusted and I didn't realize it until we were ready to shoot. It only took 5 minutes but I wish I had done it beforehand.

I don't know anything about this product or shooting clays but I this thread has gotten me interested more so than I was before, add in I could do this without needing a second person there is another advantage.

Now I was wondering if I would be able to mount one of the luggage trays you can mount into a Class III hitch, I was thinking I could mount the thrower on something like this, set up a power source right from the vehicle, could back it right to the edge of the range, load and start throwing and shooting.

Is this doable or not the best option?

Harry

Harry...if memory serves me properly, Do-All makes a manual trap that fits in a 2" hitch. It has a seat and front legs so I'm guessing the weight of the person in the seat would stabilize the trap. Of course...I could be wrong.

thats perfect friday morning ill assemble. Safety pipes? You dont use them? What are they? Test fire as in launch clays or make sure it functions as I dont have space to actually launch. Also any adjustment tools I should keep in the range bag?

Watch the video here: http://www.championtarget.com/resources/tech_assistance.aspx

Any reason I can't find the thrower on their website only through the link here.

It's hard to drill through their catalog. It's listed as a similar item.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=CM40912

Or you can google it, google spiders seem to have found it.

I see it now. wasnt listed under the throwers. Very confusing website. Thanks though. Can't wait till the weekend. Also I read somewhere about putting midi clays under a standard to make a nested double. Is this possible or a bad idea with this?

Never tried it. The worst that will happen is you just break some clays. I'd go for it.

yea I'm going to try it. Gotta get some midi's. Anyone ever try doubles side by side on it. Or anything different? Also I know they sell clays at cr anyone know the price? Or of they have just standard or anything about it?

Clays at CR are $11/box. Standard clays only. Just press the button at the shotgun range. When they answer, It's push to talk, release to listen. "Needs some clays at shotgun". Have exact change.

Not sure how you would do side by side with the easybird.

FYI - Dick's has clay targets for $7.99/box of 90. They are also having a sale on SG ammo, although they may be running low.

Chris - are you going to do the 2x4 shoot this Saturday? I'm going and can bring my Easybird as well...we can then set them up to shoot multiple targets from both throwers :)

-Mike

Mike I thought the same thing when I saw you post your going to the 2x4. I'm not sure if I'm going though. Ill let you know. I might go sunday for some clays but would prefer saturday for both clays and 2x4. I only have 1 box of clays left gotta get some. i got ammo from dicks sale though.

Malsua, is your feeder tight to slide on and off? Mine is hard to get on and off. Need to actually un screw it to put it back in all the way. Any ideas?

You are referring to the magazine? The four tubes on the top of the machine?

Yes the magazine.

Mine is difficult to get on, specially since I replaced the black plastic horseshoe thing at the top with one I fabricated out of aluminum. It takes 3 hands. It comes right off though. Is it because the tubes are just very tight on the studs? Maybe there's some burrs that can be removed.

My top horseshoe think is metal not plastic. It comes off not so hard but to put on it doesn't line up right then they slide on but not even, the front right will sit high the back low... Almost like its not going on even. But no matter what I do to get it back ineed to unscrew and redo it