BlackOps Badger

New "gift" from the Motherland!

So, I just picked up a 1923 Izzy Mosin Nagant. Now here's what has me confused. Since it was made in 1923 that would tell me that it's a M91. The thing is, it has the globe front sight, and flat rear sight. Tell me what you think. Is it just an M91 that was upgraded to a M91/30, or do I have something else? Using another website, it seems I may have a Dragoon. I don't know though. Somebody gimmie a hand figuring this out.

2011-10-08163830.jpg

2011-10-08163816.jpg

2011-10-08163810.jpg

2011-10-08163801.jpg

That is a great looking Ex Dragoon !! I would have snatched that one up also.

A dragoon is a rare find !

The one I have cost me less then any Mosin I have but is worth the most .

Dragoon Tula - K in a circle stamp point of aim proof, (D) stamp Barrel throat

opened for Finnish D166 cartridge, also Concentric "00" Accuracy proof stamp on Barrel shank.

Heres a picture of the site and yes its about the same size as a 91/30

I keep my grand mothers quilted blankets in the wood box :)

100_1491.jpg

100_1490.jpg

Butch's Gun World.

That's where I got my 1926 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon and my 1943 Izhevsk M91/30. I am going to get a M44 there sometime. They had a T53 (Chinese M44) in there last time I was there for $250. I should have picked it up, but want a true Communist Soviet carbine.

Yours still has the M91 sling slots with screws, not the press-in M91/30 ones. That, along with the 1923 receiver shows that it was a Dragoon. During overhaul the Soviets swapped the newer sights onto it. If you can find the old M91 sights (not likely), you could raise the value of the rifle.

That's where I got my 1926 Izhevsk Ex-Dragoon and my 1943 Izhevsk M91/30. I am going to get a M44 there sometime. They had a T53 (Chinese M44) in there last time I was there for $250. I should have picked it up, but want a true Communist Soviet carbine.

Yours still has the M91 sling slots with screws, not the press-in M91/30 ones. That, along with the 1923 receiver shows that it was a Dragoon. During overhaul the Soviets swapped the newer sights onto it. If you can find the old M91 sights (not likely), you could raise the value of the rifle.

I was at Butch's on Saturday, and I don't think they had any M44's there. However there was a pretty nice 91/30 there. It's round receiver and I believe it was an Izzy. Not positive on the make though.