Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

Any computer geeks?

My former sister in law is having computer issues. Downloaded a virus/trojan, infected 2 or 3 computers on her home network. Seems to need a backup/wipe . I just don't have the time deal with this. She is in East Windsor, NJ.

Let me know if you are interested in helping out.

Also... looking for someone that can do web development on a database/program and a port to android/iphone.

Shoot pm.

Wipe is a last resort IMO

There are other ways to eradicate the infection that does not need a full wipe

Desktops or laptops?

http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

Go here and make an account, ask on the board for virus eradication help. Don't wipe unless absolutely necessary. The people on Safer Networking have helped me wipe out an insanely bad virus and a horrible spyware problem before, and both times I thought it was so bad I'd have to nuke my computer. Also, download a good anti-viral/anti-spyware program. Spybot S&D is probably the best anti-spyware out there, and it's absolutely free. As for anti-virus, there are a lot of free programs out there that knock the crap out of Norton.

In general if anyone is having virus/malware issues. Bleepingcomputer.com is a great site to check out.

If someone has a virus or malware on the computer AND it is keeping it from running your normal antivirus or keeping you from accessing the internet. A useful utility called RKILL will stop the malware/virus in its tracks and then you can enable your normal antivirus cleaning. RKILL will halt the virus/malware, but it will not clean it off the computer. It does just one thing, and it does it well.

On another computer download RKILL and burn it to a CD and insert the CD into the infected computer and run it. Do not do this with a thumb drive as the infected computer could infect the thumb drive, but cannot infect the CD.

Run RKILL to stop the virus/malware process, then run Malwarebytes Free Version (get Malwarebytes from a legit source like MajorGeeks.com). Then after that run your regular antivirus program as an additional measure.

• Like 1

Must have on DVD...

ESET antivirus...

Malwarebytes...

Rkill

Combo fix

........disconnect from the net.........

Reboot....

......Run RKILL from CD/DVD.......

......Run Combofix.......

When done and rebooted...

Connect to the net and run the ONLINE eset Virus scanner...

Install ESET and let it do it's thing...SCAN ENTIRE SYSTEM

Install malwarebytes and let it do it's thing...SCAN ENTIRE SYSTEM

Should be good to go...........

:icon_mrgreen:

Must have on DVD...

ESET antivirus...

Malwarebytes...

Rkill

Combo fix

........disconnect from the net.........

Reboot....

......Run RKILL from CD/DVD.......

......Run Combofix.......

When done and rebooted...

Connect to the net and run the ONLINE eset Virus scanner...

Install ESET and let it do it's thing...SCAN ENTIRE SYSTEM

Install malwarebytes and let it do it's thing...SCAN ENTIRE SYSTEM

Should be good to go...........

It's easier to boot to ERD mount the OS hives, run autoruns and disable all the start points then boot back in and run combofix and the AVG anti-rootkit. When you think you're almost done, malwarebytes does a great job cleaning up the rest of the junk.

There's some other tools I use, but it's all situational.

I sometimes just pull the disk, put it into an external dock and scan from a different computer.

It's easier to boot to ERD mount the OS hives, run autoruns and disable all the start points then boot back in and run combofix and the AVG anti-rootkit. When you think you're almost done, malwarebytes does a great job cleaning up the rest of the junk.

There's some other tools I use, but it's all situational.

I sometimes just pull the disk, put it into an external dock and scan from a different computer.

I am going to modify your statement...."It's easier...to...just pull the disk, put it into an external dock and scan from a different computer"

Remember the days when we really only had one machine to work with and NO active internet connections...only dialup...? Oh wait those were the days of really no problems....LMAO....

+1000000000000 AVG anti-rootkit !